Author Topic: 24.5 mo sleep gone wonky  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2014, 19:02:00 pm »
When LO's are approaching the 1-0 it doesn't always show in them refusing their nap, it was a shocker for me! Sam's sleep just went all over the place. Here is some info I gathered during that time, you can take a look and at some point it could prove helpful, and something might ring a bell.

The 1-0 transition...Advice and Tips to help you through.

x.

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
Re: 24.5 mo sleep gone wonky
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 20:17:15 pm »
Thanks Vicki! Had a good read and think I am going to try shortening the nap first by 15-20 mins. Successfully managed GW tonight at BT - no hands but sat next to the cot - quite chuffed it only took 25 mins and no real crying, just complaining! I think he is ready for it now as I get the feeling he needs his own space to sleep better overall - he seems pain free to me - daytime mood has been good this weekend.

Need a plan for NWs next - need to scrap a v small 3oz bottle and ideally the co-sleeping - would really value thoughts on this - do you do GW aswell for this and sort all at once? Should I sleep in his room or something when he wakes? Not had to deal with this before...thanks!

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2014, 18:00:10 pm »
Great update Hun! Yes, you do exactly the same in the night with GW as at BT. I recommend you keep talking to a minimum, just use your sleepy phrase, and sit in a chair either sideways or with your back turned. If he throws his soft toys out, then keep them for an extra minute every time before handing them back and he'll soon get the message. I love GW, we've had so much success and used it get over lots of regressions as Sam wouldn't tolerate WI/WO until he was 4 and even now it's iffy. If you are resolute and show it, my guess is you'll nail this in around 3 to 5 nights ;)

Good Luck! x.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2014, 18:35:32 pm »
Well done! Hope you've had a good day :)

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2014, 19:46:28 pm »
Thanks both of you very much.  :)

Took about 20 mins tonight and more full on protests but he did it. He had 1hr10 for nap today and woke in a good mood so will stick to that this week and see if that helps. Will tackle the NWs at the weekend - big week at work this week and need my wits about me for that then will deal with this next.

Kate xx

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 10:08:07 am »
Well done Kate, good news. Here for you at the weekend and crossing everything. Hope you have a good working week.x.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2014, 12:04:32 pm »
Really well done hun. Fingers crossed this is the start of some good sleep for you all xx

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2014, 18:11:37 pm »
Thanks guys!

Please can I ask a quick question about GW - how quickly do you move towards/out of the door?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2014, 19:37:53 pm »
As quick as you like :). If LO is coping well at the current stage, then move on.  When you start to encounter resistance, stick at that point until LO is more comfortable again x

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2014, 20:13:28 pm »
Ok thanks. An intense amount of protest at bedtime tonight - took an hour but he did it so I will stay put for until he can cope. This may take a while me thinks!

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2014, 09:38:07 am »
As quick as you like . If LO is coping well at the current stage, then move on.  When you start to encounter resistance, stick at that point until LO is more comfortable again x

Exactly :) And don't let the long nights discourage you, I often found that you can go from an hour or more to 10 minutes the next night. Always keep in mind that he needs this, and he will get the idea quickly, although I do think it will sink in faster at the weekend when you can be consistent with NW too, because until then it's a mixed message.x.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2014, 14:36:14 pm »
Stopping in with a hug and a bit of cheerleading for today x

Offline K-JDA

• Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2014, 18:04:55 pm »
Thanks ladies.

One other question if you don't mind - should I do EBT to prevent OT and stick with the slightly shorter nap? Apparently he was hard to wake after 1hr15 today. He has never really been a tacker but is getting tired. Or do you just ride it out? Am thinking when he has a v short night over the weekend...

Offline Truly Blessed

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2014, 19:54:32 pm »
Personally I would leave BT where it is in the first instance, otherwise you're just compensating for the shorter nap and might not get results.x.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2014, 09:01:31 am »
Yes I agree x