Author Topic: this 5.30am feed is stuffing our routine up every day  (Read 3565 times)

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
Re: this 5.30am feed is stuffing our routine up every day
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 18:08:34 pm »
I know what you mean :) well after that 4.15 feed he woke at 6.30am but to be fair I put him to bed at 6pm as he had had a craappy nap day

I've tried waiting till 7am and he still won't really eat, it's frustrating the heck out of me! He fusses and fusses!! He must be ready to go to a 3.5 hour Easy with feeds but his wonky sleep doesn't work with this.

Offline Papaya

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
    • It's a dangerous thing, stepping out your front door...
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 01:15:24 am »
Yeah, that stage sucks - we found it really hard to get to 3.5, and then hard to get to 4 as well, because of short naps! For a while I wasn't feeding until an hour after she was up sometimes, in an effort to stretch the feed times out. Sort of helped a bit - she fed much better throughout the day when it wasn't so frequent, and I think that helped the nights.

And stretching A times helped as well, even to the extend of ignoring her tired signs for a bit because she was telling me she was tired but then doing a short UT nap! But a lot of it is just the developmental stage too. Hugs.
*Nuala*

Offline Irish0028

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 19:31:56 pm »
I am so glad I read this thread. I am having the same issues. My 3 month old son goes to bed around 7:30/7:45 wakes at 2:30 am and 5:30 am for his bottle feeds (this is with an 11 DF) and after the 5:30 feed he has a hard time settling back down...then he is up for the day at 6:30 and has a short A time before he crashes and of course is not hungry at all b/c he ate at 5:30. I tried to skip the DF and see what happens- he will eat at 1:00 or 1:30 and then 4/4:30... but still doesn't sleep until the 7 range but at least he could wait to eat until 7:30 and then take his first nap with a fuller tummy...so not sure what to do here either. I may just continue to skip the DF and hope that he can re-settle better at the 4ish timing eventually. My 2 year old sleeps until 7:30, so it would be wonderful to have them both on somewhat the same timing..but I am sure that is wishful thinking. :)
Mom to two little lads- Braden John (9.22.09) and Liam Jude (8.22.11)