Author Topic: To DF or not to DF  (Read 757 times)

Offline Fenella

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: August 31, 2006, 07:53:42 am »
2 steps forward 2 steps back at the moment.  DS was thanks to W2S making it thru to 4am after the df (had few problems with df early on) however he is now waking at 1.30 (df 10.45) and then 3 hours later.  Last night decided to drop df to see what happened as felt if i was doing 2 feeds a night anyway it couldn't harm.  Well he woke for df but went straight back off.  then woke at 12ish (5hour stretch) i fed him (seemed very hungry) then he woke at 4 (4 hour stretch) again was genuinely hungry so fed and went straight back to sleep.  What do you think i should do because obv he is doing longer stretches this way but will prob mean night feeds go on for longer.  Has anyone else had experience like this if so what happened?  Other issue is a 5am issue but that is a whole other post.
Mum to Jack 16.09.03
Mum to Luke 20.06.06

Offline magda1461

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • The two Angels that where sent to me
Re: To DF or not to DF
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 08:06:22 am »
i have a 14wk old,
i have been DF but DD still wakes at around 2.30 and 5am, than last night i skipped the DF she went from 8pm till 1.15am! then was restless up and down from 2.30 to next feed at 5am.
im gonna skip it again tonight, but make sure she has a good feed before bedtime.and after 2.5hrs from her last feed i.e
feed 4.30pm , Activity, sleep 5.30 to 6.30 then  bath 6.30. feed 7.00 and sleep 7.20.
tanking her up i guess,

Offline macsmum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 111
Re: To DF or not to DF
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 08:07:13 am »
I had lots more night wakings once i started the df after a week and some advice of the boards i stopped the df, ds continued with the erratic waking but slowly got better.
we have hit many a glitch on the way to a 12hr night stretch with reflux teething etc, i tried wake 2 sleep but no joy there either, to cut a long story short i was obsessing about ds not going more than 6 hrs at night, my sister had a baby and i just thought bugger this my son was 6months and i didn't want my niece sleeping through b4 my son ;D, so i started to water down the night feeds over the period of about 10 nights till i got to 7 oz water to 2 scoops of milk, he still woke for another 2 weeks after the night feeds stopped but then i just gave him his paci(which he never had till the night feeds stopped), we hit a spot of teething along the way, but now i can safely say we have done it bed at 7 and up at 7, we have had the odd 6 am wake up along the way but hey who's bothered ;D
This is a major breakthrough for us as both our girls had major ap and didint sleep through till they were nearly 3yrs ::)
the df is not for all babies, but some babies need a night feed till 6 months?
sorry to ramble but thought u might like to hear that it wont last and that if i have had success then anyone can. trust me if u had asked me months ago if i thought ds would ever sleep 12 hrs i would of laughed my head off, even though he is an angel baby ;D

Emma
Code snippet: PseudoHTML, UBBCode™ and BBCode. Used on most forums.