Author Topic: Sleep Tight Infant Soother  (Read 3332 times)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
Sleep Tight Infant Soother
« on: November 16, 2005, 01:05:54 am »
Have you heard of this product? Have you used it? I posted under the Colic Forum as well as it's marketed as a "solution/treatment" for colic, but curious if anyone having sleep issues had seen or used this product.

My DD hasn't been diagnosed with colic, but she has some serious difficulty falling asleep sometimes. Was wondering if this product might help her settle on her own - or whether it will become another prop. Although if it will help her settle on her own versus 1+ hours of crying/fussing, pat/shh, and my nerves being frazzled, I am very tempted!

Thanks for your feedback!
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 13:22:58 pm »
did you ever get it?
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Showing Appreciation 151
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 17:45:05 pm »
We took the gamble and spent the $100 for this product.  My DH attached it that same day and we've used it successfully several times.  We realize that it can very easily become a prop, so we use it carefully with DD. 

Again, she thankfully doesn't have colic, but does sometimes get really fussy and inconsolable.  Most of the times (but not every time) that we've used this, it has helped her calm down.   And, we'll use it during those bad nights, when we are just dead-tired and DD still wants to fuss or need settling.  However, there are times when she cries when she wants to be cuddled or fall asleep in her swing (AP, I know  :oops: ) and this seems to just rile her up even more. 

I don't regret the purchase; would buy it again for the newborn period when the baby is still trying to sort day/night, eating a couple of times and new parents are completely exhausted; but would remind anyone that it can VERY easily become a prop.
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt