Author Topic: Weaning to whole milk -- need help from other BF moms who did it.  (Read 2802 times)

Offline julieb

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • I think I need a bigger pool.
Re: Weaning to whole milk -- need help from other BF moms who did it.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 18:13:52 pm »
Shari, since your LO is still under a year, you could just give him a bottle of formula during those times.

If you hang on to those BFing times until his birthday, you could then go straight to breakfast in the mornings.  Not sure about the evenings though.  Currently we have dinner lately and he has a sippy of milk afterward.
Julie
DS 1/31/05 (spirited/textbook but a touchy sleeper)
DD 10/15/10 (textbook/angel/spirited)

Offline branwen

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 18:28:09 pm »
Hi Shari- we're in the same boat with both morning and before bed feeds. This is the plan my dh and I came up this weekend! We're going to start tonight, so I'll keep you posted.  We're starting with the bedtime one since she doesn't drink as much as she does during the wake up one.

Usual bedtime routine is: dinner, bath, story, bf, bed.

For this this week: dinner, sippy of milk and yogurt (kind of like a dessert), bath, bf, story, bed.

For next week: dinner, sippy of milk/yogurt, bath, story, bed.

I guess first we're going to try to remove the association of bf and then going to sleep and have it be story and going to bed.  So reversing those this week and introducing the second food and milk after dinner, then next week I hope to remove the feed entirely.

Gosh I hope it works ;)
Branwen
Mama to Eirwen 1/22/05

Offline Minimonkey

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • I can't believe he's one already....
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 20:28:17 pm »
Branwen, that sounds like a good plan.  I was going to start this week with moving the BF so it is not right before bed - and see how it goes.  The story time is a really good idea unfortunately my LG won't sit still for a story!!

Keep me posted on how things work out for you.

Good Luck
shari