Author Topic: Quitting and so sad  (Read 2800 times)

Offline CharlotteandCharlie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • These moments make my heart sing!
Re: Quitting and so sad
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 00:24:08 am »
My dd is just over six months and I plan on continuing for a while longer but I would think (having only imagined those feelings) that weaning my dd would feel like bfing is the last link associated with being pregnant, giving birth, creating life, sustaining that life and so on.  Your body is yours again and no one else's.  For 40 weeks it was not your own and then all through bfing your body provides nourishment for your baby.  Oh my, I could cry right now. 

To me it would feel like the end of an amazing journey.  It is a miracle I am lucky enough to be a part of it (pregnancy, birth and nursing that is).

Do you know what I mean?

Charlotte mom to
Charlie Anne August 7, 2005
Campbell Rose March 27, 2007
And wife to the man of my dreams.

annamum

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 01:16:13 am »
I would think (having only imagined those feelings) that weaning my dd would feel like bfing is the last link associated with being pregnant, giving birth, creating life, sustaining that life and so on.  Your body is yours again and no one else's.  For 40 weeks it was not your own and then all through bfing your body provides nourishment for your baby.  Oh my, I could cry right now. 

To me it would feel like the end of an amazing journey.  It is a miracle I am lucky enough to be a part of it (pregnancy, birth and nursing that is).

I never thought of it that way but, I admit, it sounds so true!

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 05:32:39 am »
I know exactly how you feel!  I posted in the Weaning forum because I was feeling guilty (and definitely sad) about weaning ds.  If I hadn't gotten pregnant I would have kept nursing him - he really enjoys it and, despite his teething, is still a pretty enjoyable experience.  He has not been happy about his morning session being "cancelled" and I'm almost wondering if it would be better for me to have dropped the am and pm (pre-bedtime) sessions altogether but... you should see how excited (almost desperate) he gets when he realizes that it's time to nurse!  I feel as if I'm taking away his joy!   :'( :'( :'(    (great... now I feel like crying.)

I know I can continue nursing him if I want to but I really don't want to tandem nurse once the other one is born and, not to mention, it's a bit uncomfortable with my belly getting bigger.  On the other hand, I realized today that, as soon as I completely wean him off (I'm aiming for the week after his first birthday), I can wear my "regular," non-nursing bras for the next 3 months!!!!  I can't wait!!!  Oh, the joys of motherhood.   :-\
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna