Author Topic: Babies of Oct-Dec /04  (Read 123457 times)

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #465 on: August 14, 2005, 16:00:06 pm »
hey there. just wanted to check in quickly..turned my back for 5 minutes and there`s about 5 more pages of stuff here..but all good....and that photo of jadyn is priceless. things are going pretty well here....still working on the tooth though. i`ve given tylenol or motrin every night before bed for mmmm probably the last 3 weeks. i know it sounds terrible but my doctor said it was ok and the nights i decide not to do it, she wakes a few hours later and i have to give it to her anyway. the fact she sleeps through fine when i give it to her tells me it must be pain bothering her, so i kind of feel ok about it, but still a little guilty. but then if it really does hurt for them as much as i`m told, then i don`t feel so bad. oh dear. i don`t know. anyway, i just wondered if some of the night wakings some people are going through might be because of the pain. teething definitely causes the random wakings and then taking a long time to get back to sleep for us.

and...my new discovery...NUBY sippy cups....they`re fantastic!!..georgia really was having trouble with the previous 2 types we tried over the last month or so, and then i gave her a NUBY a couple of days back and she`s figured it out already and is nearly holding it on her own...they`re unspillable but don`t have a valve to fiddle with.

on the night wakings stuff....i do the hand on her back until she settles..no interaction/eye contact/talking....leave the room when she`s stopped crying (normally just a minute or so)...then wait for 5 minutes when she starts crying again and then go in and do it again. she can`t get herself to sleep with me in the room, but can get herself settled and stoped crying..the longest i`ve had my hand on her back was about half an hour, normally now it just takens a moment or so. i`m really really cynical about gina ford just because of the leave them crying thing and she just seems such a stickler. and i haven`t done the PU/PD...just didn`t think it would work for us. mind you, we haven`t had to face the nightwakings due to sitting/pulling up yet, so i may be singing a different tune then.  :lol:

ok breakfast time...
Our beautiful baby girl is....

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
standing?
« Reply #466 on: August 14, 2005, 16:50:49 pm »
My LO just learned to crawl 2 weeks ago, and already seems like he is "done with it". This week he's begun pulling himself up on things and acts like he wants to take steps. Does it usually happen this fast? I was so glad when he started crawling cause the development was causing him to wake at night, have trouble napping, fussy, etc. Now I feel like we're starting that all over again!

Are any of your lo's standing? Walking? How long have your lo's been crawling, how long did it take to get to standing, and then from standing to walking?
Sarah,Mom of Isaiah, Textbook/Touchy
Jesus said, " Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."
John 14:27

Offline pdb

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #467 on: August 14, 2005, 17:24:31 pm »
My lo started crawling right before she turned 7 months.  She's 7 and a half months now and is trying to pull up on everything.  She has been trying to pull up since she started crawling, but just got the hang of it last week.  Her balance is still a little off, but it's amazing the difference I notice each day.  For instance, a couple of days ago she would hold on for dear life with both hands once she was up, now she lets go with one hand.   It's scary how fast they change.
  :shock:

I think a lot of our night waking is from teething too.  But before now, I had been doing whatever I could to get her back to sleep.  Now that I'm being more consistent, it's easier to know when it's probably teething and not just tiredness. 

Glad to see someone else is giving Motrin for a long time.  My dd's top two teeth seemed to come up to the surface weeks ago, but still haven't cut through.  We were at the doctor the other day and he said they are definitely right there.  I wasn't sure about giving her Motrin for this long, thought maybe I was wrong about the teething.  I haven't given it to her every night, but have been using it pretty frequently.  Her first two teeth came pretty quick.  She stopped napping well for a few days, was unbelieveably fussy one day and then two days later the first one had cut through the gum.  These are taking much longer. :(

Kathy - Jadyn is so cute.  I hope the teething gets better soon.
Phoebe

Offline NKmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 45
  • AKA Nathan'smommy
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #468 on: August 14, 2005, 17:33:32 pm »
My ds is into everything also.  Pulling up, trying to open the fireplace glass doors (got to find a lock for them), and just started standing on his own for about 10 seconds, until he realizes it and drops to the ground.

We are still dealing with night wakings.  Starting 3 weeks ago, he wakes 2-3 times a night SCREAMING.  Sometimes it takes an hour to get him back to sleep.  We ruled out ear infection and no sign of another tooth yet.  I'm starting to wonder if he could have night terrors this young???

Yes, I loooove the Nuby sippy cups.  Inexpensive too...   :D
Sheila
ng

Offline momtomiya

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #469 on: August 14, 2005, 18:42:52 pm »
O.K. so this nightwaking stuff is normal!! I thought our dd was having nightmares because I could not figure out why she would wake up during the night and cry (tears, pouting, screaming) all in deep sleep. I took a peek at her gums today and lo and behold there was the answer ... two bottom teeth making their appearance  :shock: !!  Rushed out today to buy baby orajel and will try it tonight. She is fine during the day, it's at night when the trouble starts. We gave her baby tylenol last night and that seemed to work for a bit.  Now I'm prepared for tonight and I'm hoping those bottom teech wil come through soon.

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #470 on: August 14, 2005, 20:42:07 pm »
sheila-
sounds like you and I are completely on the same page. Isaiah's been waking every night this week, and we thought it was an ear infection too. I see he's teething (though mine's working on numbers 7 and 8!), but he's also been tugging on his ears and stuff-?
I've found motrin works better for us than tylenol. Works longer and seems stronger. In fact, if its nearing bed time and the motrin still has a while to wear off, we'll give him tylenol in the interrim.
Yes, sometimes I feel bad giving him so much pain reliever, but then I think about when I've got cramps or something else painful and realize I'm just doing what is best for us to take care of him.

Offline MorganLeigh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Awww!
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #471 on: August 15, 2005, 12:07:33 pm »
Im real intersted to know when this night waking and early waking is gonna stop. I mean DD used to sleep all night and stay asleep to at least 7:30. I guess my guess is after teething stops? So Im glad she started early and already has 8 or 9 in. Ive kinda gone back to the way I slept when she was a newborn, expecting to be woken up so I sleep with one ear open.

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #472 on: August 15, 2005, 16:06:23 pm »
yeah- except last time I checked i had a mouth FULL of teeth  :D  So when does teething stop?!?!
Isaiah is working on teeth 7 and 8, and teeth 1-4 were just HORRIBLE, but I do have to say I barely noticed him getting teeth 5 and 6.
I don't see any pattern, I just know this is pretty tiring! a mother's work is never done... :)

(and i know what you mean about them being such good sleepers! I don't know how many teeth your lo has, but between teething my lo went back to sleeping well.)

Offline Pete's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #473 on: August 15, 2005, 16:08:03 pm »
Did everyone manage to get some sleep?  Peter had a horrible night on Saturday - dh had his poker game and while they weren't terribly loud Peter is just not a deep sleeper so he was up for close to 3 hours  :shock: 

Other than that things are good.  We decided to start the early potty training with Peter.  I read an interesting book called Early Start Potty Training by Linda Sonna, and after reading it I was even more convinced to give at a try.  She sites some interesting studies that said babies starting between 6 and 9 months were generally done around 15 months.  I figure at the very least it will just get us both in the routine that much earlier and cause less resistance in the long run.  My timing has been pretty good 1 poop and 1 pee since starting yesterday afternoon.
Jen
-----------
Peter Andrew 11/23/04

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #474 on: August 15, 2005, 16:09:48 pm »
ah! I am so excited to hear this about the early potty training. Let's some of us do it together- In fact, we should probably start a new thread? Where would we do that?
I think I'll start next week.

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #475 on: August 15, 2005, 16:11:41 pm »
When does the pulling up on everything and standing stop?????  Poor Jadyn has bruises on her face from hitting things when she pulls up.  She gets really brave and lets go of one hand and just stands there like she's all that. :lol: She loves to pull up on her high chair but keeps on hitting her face on the legs of it. :(

Something that's weird is that she's been pooping so much lately, esp at night.  I thought at first it was the df, and I know it's time for me to stop her df since she's 7mos.  So I bit the bullet and no df last night!  Guess what??? No wake or a single sound til this morning at 7:10am and I had my husband go & wake her since I had to take Lexi to her first day of Kindergarten!!! I couldn't believe it.  Cold turkey on df.  Now that I wrote it she'll probably wake 3 times tonight :lol:  I'm really kinda sad about it since I don't get to do that last snuggle and I'm gonna have to pump before I go to bed so I don't soak my bed from being so full.  :roll:

Gotta go, she just woke up.

p.s. Hang in there everyone on these pesky nightwakings.  This too shall pass. :D  hopefully sooner than later.

Kathy

Offline Jadynsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #476 on: August 15, 2005, 16:14:53 pm »
me again.

For early potty training, is 7.5 mos too young to start?  I would love to get in on this.

Kathy

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #477 on: August 15, 2005, 16:20:31 pm »
in tbwsayp book she says 9 mos

Offline zayandme

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #478 on: August 15, 2005, 16:44:48 pm »
sorry- had a crying baby on my hip for that last one. Yeah, in the BW solves ayp, she talks about starting at 9 months. But I haven't found anyone on the website who has done this, and I have a feeling we're one of the first groups of BW's who have hit 9 months since the book came out, so I think we'll be trailblazers.
Kathy, let us pave the way and you can join in in a couple months!
Pete's mom- I'm going to see if my local library has that book. Thanks!

Offline cazao

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Babies of Oct-Dec /04
« Reply #479 on: August 15, 2005, 17:28:24 pm »
i`m in on the potty training...went and bought a potty last week. am scared to start, so would love to do it as a group. how about we start a thread on the potty training forum and see what happens. thanks for the tip on the book..i`m also going to go check out the library. and yay!!! on the dreamfeed. once you get used to it it`s kind of nice not to have to do it i promise....
Our beautiful baby girl is....