Author Topic: Reassurance needed - and any tips you may have  (Read 1015 times)

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Reassurance needed - and any tips you may have
« on: May 29, 2011, 00:38:46 am »
My DD is working on her first two teeth and has been fairly badly for the past couple of weeks now... she has days that she just couldn't bear the thought of taking a bottle.  We have had a few days (like today) where I will be lucky to have gotten 20 ozs into her... the average for her is about 26 ozs a day.  She does get a bit of solids and I have tried cutting them on days that she seems to struggle with bottles and I just end up with the same total formula without the solids.

Please tell me she won't starve!  I get so worried :(  First time mom and nervous about things like this... does anyone have any tricks to get the LO to eat better during these tough times?

I do keep her medicated at night to avoid NW from pain... I give her a shot of Tylenol about 45 minutes before bed to ensure it has fully kicked in at the time I give her the last bottle of the day to ensure she takes a good 7-8 ozs and has a full tummy for bedtime. I don't want to drug the poor kid all day though...

Thanks!

Offline MadisonC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my loves xo
Re: Reassurance needed - and any tips you may have
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 01:23:04 am »
DS is 91/2 months and when he was teething he would not take all of his bottles but would take more solids so I would make him cereal which contained 2oz of formula, also anything that contained milk or formula like yogurt, cheese, potatoes and I would even make pudding and mix it with his formula.. it all counts!

Offline Texomamama

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 02:46:56 am »
Echo what Madison said. My DD2 is almost 9 mo and so far, we have only had one incidence of teething causing problems with the bottle, but it lasted for about 5 days and on those days, I would have been happy to get 20 oz in her.

She won't starve :)   

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 16:25:41 pm »
Thanks Mommas!  I know in my head she won't starve, but it is nerve wracking!  She seems to be a bit better today... just battling naps ;)