Author Topic: Going backwards?!?  (Read 752 times)

Offline squeakersmum

• Steph
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • So grown up already!
Going backwards?!?
« on: May 28, 2009, 08:39:06 am »
Hi,

Not sure where to post this so I hope this is ok.

I started to wean DS just before 5 months as he was sooo interested in what we were eating and grabbed at any fruit we had to have a taste!

All went really well.  Then I read about BLW and thought I'd like to introduce this to at least some degree.  So he started to have baby rice cakes, broccoli, bits of banana ,and once he was 6 mo soldiers of toast - which he loved.  Then I think something really upset his tummy, not sure whether it wasoats in porridge that hv recommended or shop bought baby food (Organix and Ella's kitchen).  He had several bouts of exorcist style projectile vomiting straight after meals - literally everything would come up that had gone in.  :o

We went back to basics with pureed pear and sweet potato and now he seems to be back to normal but won't take finger food any more.  He gets really excited and enthusiastic about it but when he tries to eat it puts too much in or something because he has choked and been sick every time he's had any for several days now.  ???

Any ideas?  Thanks!  (and sorry for long post, I seem to do them a lot!)

Steph xxx

Offline Mimi 2

• Showing Appreciation 167
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 18:55:53 pm »
Poor kiddo!  It must have frightened him to have those projectile vomits.  I would take it easy witht he solids for now.  Follow his lead.  If he prefers the purees then that's fine.  You can still have a few pieces of fingerfood available during meal times.  HAve you tried putting some food in the mesh feeders?  Many moms like to offer this prior to finger food.

HTH
Cherishing the moments with the
Ballerina Princess (Oct '04) & Wiggly Monkey (Jul '07)

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Going backwards?!?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 00:58:41 am »
Just wanted to echo Mimi!
We have one of those mesh feeders, and DS loves it!  There's lots of ideas on a thread in this section called What do you fill your mesh feeders with?
Good luck! :)
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline Mimi 2

• Showing Appreciation 167
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 01:31:31 am »
Thanks for the reminder Vikki!  Here's the link  http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=149713.0
Cherishing the moments with the
Ballerina Princess (Oct '04) & Wiggly Monkey (Jul '07)