Author Topic: Eating more solids but not dropping milk feeds!  (Read 1014 times)

Offline beckygatt

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Eating more solids but not dropping milk feeds!
« on: November 19, 2009, 10:30:58 am »
My lo is nearly 8 months and she is gradually eating more solids. She now has 3 small meals a day of approx 70ml. Usually fruit and cereal or yoghurt for breakfast, and some kind of veg or meat and veg puree for lunch and supper. I generally keep on offering her food until she refuses more. The thing is she is still asking for milk (breast) every 3 hrs. I would have thought she would start to space milk feeds a bit more. Is it habit or is she actually hungry? Also still feeding at night a couple of times.

Offline Mimi 2

• Showing Appreciation 167
Re: Eating more solids but not dropping milk feeds!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 13:32:08 pm »
Some babies loves their solids but still hang onto the same amount of formula/bm.  Do you think her night feeds are a habit?  Is she taking a full feed?  Have you tried resettling her without feeding her?
Cherishing the moments with the
Ballerina Princess (Oct '04) & Wiggly Monkey (Jul '07)

Offline beckygatt

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 13:48:19 pm »
most times she takes a full feed and I can rarely settle her without a feed at night...

Offline Mimi 2

• Showing Appreciation 167
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 14:31:08 pm »
If it is a concern for you, then you could try to eliminate one of those nightfeeds.  Some bf babies still have a nightfeed at this age so it is not uncommon.  As for the solids eating and the feeds during the day, I think that she is doing fine.  Maybe offer some finger food as well. 
Cherishing the moments with the
Ballerina Princess (Oct '04) & Wiggly Monkey (Jul '07)