Author Topic: over a month of mulitple NW's... so tired  (Read 5035 times)

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
over a month of mulitple NW's... so tired
« on: March 03, 2012, 09:02:12 am »
Ive been putting off posting about this because I kept hoping it was just a phase/because of illness etc but now theres seeming to be nothing wrong and its still happening.

He does 2x 1.5 hour naps a day and isnt sick anymore, we have at least 3 NW's per night. most of the time easily resettled with patting but if not then I will give him a bottle. he is 7 months and 1 week old.

Last night he resettled with NO nightfeeds so I know he can do it, he just may not be ready to do it every single night just yet. He goes to sleep independantly during the day and has an A time of 3 hours, he definitely cannot handle any longer than that, he does start showing tired signs at 2 hours 45mins and gets to the point where I cant do a full winddown cos hes cracked it if I leave it any longer than that.

He never does a 12 hour night, he more likely does an 11.5 hour night so I do need to work out bedtimes appropriately for that because he just doesnt tack on sleep missed during the day to his nightsleep.

how do I get him to stop waking up in the night?? My iron levels are low so Im already feeling tired as it is without this constant broken sleep added to it

can someone help me please? I never had this with my first son, he STTN from 8 weeks old
Why do birds sing in the morning? It's the triumphant shout: "We got through another night!"

DS1 -January 2009, DS2 -July 2011

Offline kateboundy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Re: over a month of mulitple NW's... so tired
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 10:24:01 am »
Hi and hugs.... Sorry cant help but we are the same here! Dd1 STTN at 9 weeks and my 7 month old is so inconsistent! Just interested in what replies you get!

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 17:47:50 pm »
Well we had two nws  last night and a start of 5:15am and i tried for up to 40mins to get him back to sleep. he slept while i patted him but if i stopped then about 5 mins later he would wake up. i tried leaving him to see if he would go back to sleep  himself but no he just got more and more worked up.

So so tired today and he's always grumpy so that doesn't  help :(
Why do birds sing in the morning? It's the triumphant shout: "We got through another night!"

Offline kateboundy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 19:20:44 pm »
Yes that is what we have too... Seems like she is going off and then wakes 5 minutes later... We have decided that she needs to stop being swaddled as it is a prop now... I have put her down tonight in sleeping bag and her arms tucked up in a muslin.  She has gone down ok... Thing is if she doesn't want to settle she breaks out of the swaddle anyhow so I don't see it helping!

Worth a try...

Hope you get a better night!

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 19:25:31 pm »
hope it works for you. we have already weaned the swaddle and there are no props (that Im aware of lol) he has a blankey to snuggle into so apart from something Im missing theres no need to be waking up *sigh*

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 20:34:16 pm »
hugs Avery3, NW's are no joke even if they do resettle easily :(
Is he waking around the same times or is it just random? if it's around the same time would it be worth trying W2S?
Maybe eating more during the day? Has he been on solids for a good while, might it be digestion related?
Sorry I haven't been much help :( Lots of hugs xxx

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 20:43:56 pm »
i dont think its that he needs to eat more because the other night I was able to resettle him each time wihtout a night feed. its random with when he wakes. last night it was 9.45pm (fed him as he wouldnt resettle, he only took 60mls) and then again at 5.15am where I spent the next 40mins patting him

hes on solids, could be a digestion issue but how to tell really?

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 00:05:48 am »
We had more NW around this age with Z and it was digestive related I am sure. He was having a solid meal at 5 and I brought it forward to 4 at the latest. He started to settle and sleep better. I also gave him much less and only bland veges at this time. it's worth a shot!

Is he on probiotics? These helped us a lot.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 00:36:09 am »
yeah hes been on probiotics since he was 2 months old. will bring his dinner forward to 4 and see if that helps :)

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 16:40:55 pm »
5:10am today. im so tired Nd so upset im just crying. i patted him for 20 mins and he's quite happy to let me but once i stop then he starts crying again.. time for pu/pd? Am i prop patting him now? My back is killing me while i stand over his cot and i literally stand there crying silently.

im really starting to resent having this child

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 18:09:45 pm »
so many hugs A3. What about if you brought him in bed with you? I know it's not ideal but desperate times...
You might be onto sthg about the patting being a prop, it would seem that by now he shouldn't need so much patting. Here's a link I found with some PU/PD info, maybe you have experience with your first son but here it is anyway, http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=9287.0
do you need to pat him when he first goes to sleep too or is just for NW?
lots of hugs xxxxx

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 18:18:33 pm »
Thanks will take a look at that when Im on the laptop. i only have to pat him at nw's and nw's he goes to sleep independantly otherwise

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 18:26:05 pm »
That's interesting that he settles independently normally but not for NWs. :( Does he like a pacifier?
do you think moving his dinner early made any difference? I guess you'd need a few days to tell.
xxxxxx

Angel, April 2011

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 18:38:02 pm »
no he hate the pacifier. I moved dinner to 3.45 yesterday and found it made no difference. He still woke at 10.30pm and wouldnt resettle so I gave him a bottle and he took 90mls and then woke at 5.10am, so the NW's are lessening but now we have EW

Offline kayra

• 2 for 1!!
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 19:02:46 pm »
might it be worth doing a DF around 10? I remember we hadn't quite finished the DF when DS was this age.

Angel, April 2011