Author Topic: Advice on 6 month growth spurt  (Read 1463 times)

Offline becky1969

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 230
  • my favorite thing
Advice on 6 month growth spurt
« on: June 11, 2006, 23:08:24 pm »
My LO is almost 24 weeks. I think he may be hitting the 6 month growth spurt, but he's not really showing it in terms of feeds. We briefly had increased feeds last thursday/Friday, and then the 7 days following have been EXTREME overtiredness (I'm finally getting him enough sleep by increasing day sleep which is helping him to sleep thru the night again; he slept 17 hours yesterday!).

My pediatrician also seems to think a growth spurt is in the works. I just wondered if anyone else saw no increased feeds at the 6 month growth spurt? He also seems to be having trouble with reflux right now, so I'm wondering if THAT is the reason we're not seeing his bottles reflect a growth spurt but he's extra tired.

Would just like to hear other people's experiences with 6 month growth spurt 1) how long did it last? 2) did you have extreme tiredness? 3) did you have increased feeds? 4) when did it hit?

I'm really just trying to figure out why LOs sleeping is all crazy. Pediatrician ruled out ear infection and sore throat. We just got 2 new teeth, but teething symptoms subsided 5 days ago.
Owen, 12/28/05 7 lb 2 oz

Enjoying the toddler years!

Offline shelliz

• Showing Appreciation 217
  • Shelby - mom to two fabulous kids!
Re: Advice on 6 month growth spurt
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 23:15:36 pm »
My dd is breastfed...but I have never really noticed an increase in her appetitie or her wanting to feed more often. She is 7.5 months now. I am sure she has had the growth spurts...but honestly, I have never noticed.
  It sounds like with all the sleep he his needing that it would be a growth spurt, unless he may be getting sick (hope not :-\)
Hopefully with the extra sleep he is getting...everything will work itself out!

;)

Offline mena

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:00:09 pm »
I was just thinking today that my DS might be going through a growth spurt. But only because he ate a lot of porridge this morning and he polished off 8 oz of formula. I'm sure babies react different to these phases and overtiredness might be one of them. If your pediatrician ruled out an illness, then don't worry. Unfortunately the only thing we can do is wait for the growth spurt to pass and hang on in there! 
Mom to
- Star Wars fanantic 24/11/05
- Little Princess 11/2/08
- Big baby with Big Brown Eyes 31/07/10

Offline mljlmr

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 18:57:20 pm »
DD will be 6 months next week and last week instead of eating every 4 hours, she was eating every 2 1/2 or 3. Sleep was crazy. All day yesterday i decided to add to her bottles, she usually has 4-5 ounces, and i put 7-8 ounces in, and shes doing fine now on the 4 or even 5 hour schedule....of course now i have to re-do scheduling!!!