Author Topic: How do you know when to drop a bottle?  (Read 779 times)

Offline Trentsmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: July 28, 2006, 02:34:24 am »
Hi,  My baby is 9.5 mo. and still has 4 bottles a day along with 3 meals.  He has been refusing some of his bottles-I just thought he was exerting his will since he will usually eventually take some if I persist.  Tonight he went to bed without his bottle, and I just wouldn't think he's ready to drop the nightime bottle first.  Do babies ever do that?
I should mention that he is in the 88th percentile for height, but only the 6th for his weight, so I am very concerned with his food intake, although the doctor says he is healthy and has had consistent weight gain.
Questions:
1.  Should I be dropping a bottle at 9.5 months?
2.  If so, should it be the 11 am one?  I read other posts, and it looked like people just moved that one a couple of hours later.

Also,  for solids, I give him stage 3 foods, yogurt, cheerios, elbow mac.  Should I be doing more finger foods since he only has 4 teeth?

Thank you!

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: How do you know when to drop a bottle?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 05:56:45 am »
Hi Trentsmommy

Have you have a look at this post, this may help you  :-\  https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=67398.0

You can give fingerfood ven when they have no teeth, however any specific questions about weaning should be on the feeding solid food board  ;)

My DS was on 3 bottles at 9.5months.
Lauren x