Author Topic: sorry...several questions  (Read 857 times)

Offline Lara's Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
« on: June 22, 2006, 10:15:27 am »
hi...

i thought i'd ask all these questions in one post instead of posting 3-4 times...

1) have any of u given dried prunes yet?...if so, at what age and is there a side effect?

2) how do u give small cubes of cheese as finger food...can't they choke on the cubes...can i give them shredded?

3) i give dd marie biscuits snacks, sometimes in fruit juice, sometimes on their own, how much is too much...

4) do u give the same amount of fruits as u would give veggies? regarding the sugar content?

5) how do u give toast? is it toasted or regular?

PHEW...that was exhausting :o :o :o ::) ::)...

sorry for all the questions...but i thought u'all would be sick if u opened this forum to find i had posted 4 different posts... ;D ;D ;D

thanx

love
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 11:17:57 am by Lara's Mum »
Shahira
Mum to Lara, Born 13/10/05
Spirited Textbook Libran

Offline vix.1

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: sorry...several questions
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 11:13:46 am »
Hi

Firstly how old is your baby and when did you start on solids

My son is 11 months and I give him cubes of cheese which he really loves.  He also loves grated cheese sandwiches.  In fact cheese is a real winner all round.  I started giving him cheese at about 9 months and touch wood have never had a choking experience on it.

As for prunes I have never given them as a whole fruit, I do use them in porride but then they are stewed and chopped.  When Josh was about 4 months I diluted the juice as he was constipated.  A couple of drinks and that problem was well and truly sorted.  I can't see any harm in giving them as finger food, just beware of the nappies after.

I give about the same fruit as vegetables, but as a desert so therefore no other sugar would be given.  I am not sure how much is too much or whether the sugar in fruit is bad for a baby.  I reckon if they will take fruit then you are on to a winner.

Hope that helps

Vicki

Offline Jyates

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 12:09:09 pm »
hi my dd is nearly 7 months she has sticks of cheese which she bites her self and loves it.

She loves toast i cut it into soilder sizes i've only tried her with butter but may try other toppings soon

I think you know wots best for ur lo try it and if lo is not ready they will let you know
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Lara's Mum

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 09:47:26 am »
thanks for the help ladies..will just have to venture with the cheese and keep a close eye....

love
Shahira
Spirited Textbook Libran

Offline estherofi20

• Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 12:04:15 pm »
Hi Shahira,

I give Paul little pintches of cheese, and its a really soft cheese that disolves in the mouth (i think i already posted it was from the swiss cow :P ?? i don't remmember... ::)), but for me its important it disolves in the mouth KWIM?

I haven't given any prunes, 'cause he poops perfectly, so no need to speed that up... :P ;)

I try to give the same amoutn of fruit and veggies, but sometimes he will take more of one and then more of the other, but i'm really not concerned about it, 'cause in the day it kinda balances out itself.

i don't give him toast, the first time i tried (a coule of weeks back) he pucked all over the place :-X, so its a nono for now. ::)

HTH

Offline Sydney

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 13:40:14 pm »
Hi Shahira

Can't remember if Lara has teeth yet??? Sydney doesn't so I take the cubes of cheese that dh and I eat and cut them into tiny pieces for her so she can just mash with her gums.

I do try and give the same amount of fruits and veggies, but like Esther said sometimes they take more of one than the other but it tends to balance itself out.

Haven't tried toast, but we give small pieces of cracker (low sodium) and graham cracker.  She LOVES crackers and would be perfectly content and just eating those!  Oh, I also give her mini pancakes, pulled apart into small pieces and she loves that as well.

HTH!
Aleisha

Offline Lara's Mum

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 19:41:21 pm »
thanks guys...

well Aleisha, looks like lara and Sydney are twins in more ways than one...Lara still doesn't have teeth either, and she loves crackers too...

the pancake idea is great too...i love pancakes, so i'll try that next...

Esther: as usual u've been great...

thanx loves

love
Shahira
Spirited Textbook Libran