Author Topic: Extending A time for 5 month old  (Read 872 times)

Offline hoosiermama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • Moms of little boys work from son up to son down.
Extending A time for 5 month old
« on: February 21, 2007, 16:06:54 pm »
From everything that I can gather, DS should be able to be awake for 2-2.5 hours at a time, but generally can only be wake for 1 hour and 45 min before he starts getting really upset.  This is making going to a 4 hour easy almost impossible, that and 45 min. naps.  He can usually go for 2 hours first thing in the morning, but still only takes a 45 min. nap.  What am I doing wrong?  Is this the right place to post this?

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Extending A time for 5 month old
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 18:58:06 pm »
Lots of variation in A time is normal, some babies can't stay up for as long as others.  Something to look at is the type of activity you're doing when you get towards the end of his a time -- if he seems to get really upset at 1 hr 45 minutes, you can move to very low stimulus activities around a 1.5 hours to keep him from getting overstimulated.  Sticking with low stimulus activities is also another good way to extend his awake time. 

As for where to post, depends on what you're looking for: if you're working on the 45 minute naps and you have questions about that, I would post in the nap forum or if it's a schedule thing then the EASY forum would be a good place to post.  If you want to chat more about activities, post some more here!  :)

Also, some great FAQs on the nap forum here:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?board=86.0

HTH!