Author Topic: When do you go from 4 bottles to 3 bottles?  (Read 697 times)

Offline arial

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
When do you go from 4 bottles to 3 bottles?
« on: January 14, 2007, 02:03:11 am »
Well, my son has been drinking less milk in the past few days.  I initally thought was related to teething, but he continues to do it.  There is not a particular pattern.  This is his routine:

6AM -EBM (5-6 oz)followed immediately by solids
1030AM -EBM (7 oz)
1145AM - Solids
3PM - EBM (7 oz) followed by solids immediately or we wait 15 minutes
530PM EBM (6-7oz)

In the past month, he was doing great with this routine.  He would pretty much finish all his bottles and he would eat a good amount of solids.

In the past 5 days or so, he has either skip one bottle a day or has drank as little as 2 -3 oz in one bottle at least.  He drinks the 6AM and 530P bottles the best, but still there is not a real pattern since last night he went to bed only drinking 2 oz of milk.  I tried to dreamfeed him (which I had stopped already for over a month), but he only drank one oz (I really did not want to be woken up by him if he was going to be hungry in the middle of night).

I always thought that when he was ready to skip a bottle, he would just either refused that bottle or consistently drink very little out one bottle in particular, but the truth is that there is not pattern to what LO is doing.

Ahh, when he skips his milk or drinks very little, I tend to give him solids right away and mix some milk in it.  He has consistently eaten all of his solids even when I almost double his portion due to his poor milk intake.

What do you all think I should do?

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: When do you go from 4 bottles to 3 bottles?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 07:39:13 am »
The transition from 4 to 3 bottles per day. can sometimes be difficult to spot. The main thing to look for is your LO consistently refusing the 11am bottle, this is the time to be changing to 3 bottles, so your routine may look something like this;

E: 7.00 wake up and feed milk and breakfast
A: 7.30
S: 10.00
Y: your choice
E: 12.00 lunch
A: 12.30
E: 1330/1400 milk *dependant on your LO’s nap time
A:
S: 2.00
Y: your choice
E: 4.30 dinner
A: 5.00