Author Topic: I don't know where I have gone wrong.  (Read 2263 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: I don't know where I have gone wrong.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2016, 09:26:02 am »
Also that's  quite a short A time to bed. Will. It be OK?
Gemma

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2016, 11:48:18 am »
Just to update that I put down at 10. 05am this morning. Asleep at 10.10. Then we had an OT wu after 30 mins. Resettled after 10mins and then woke at 11.45. Was really hoping for 12 or later. I'm worried about the rest of the day. If I put down at 2 as suggested then I have to wake at 3. Then what? He won't go back down at 4. But any later is the catnap I am trying to avoid.
Gemma

Offline Bella89

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2016, 20:05:55 pm »
Just to update that I put down at 10. 05am this morning. Asleep at 10.10. Then we had an OT wu after 30 mins. Resettled after 10mins and then woke at 11.45. Was really hoping for 12 or later. I'm worried about the rest of the day. If I put down at 2 as suggested then I have to wake at 3. Then what? He won't go back down at 4. But any later is the catnap I am trying to avoid.

That gives us a lot of information actually. He had 1h 25 min nap total. That's short but reasonable. It doesn't change the fact that he was OT and we want a good morning nap. Try putting him down 20 min earlier so 9:40 - 9-45?
If you wake him from nap2 at 3 pm it's very likely you will have to put him down again at 4:30 i.e. for 30-1h. I wouldn't go over 6 though.
If you want to avoid it, you can assume your son can get only so much sleep during the day you can give him, avoid 3rd cat nap and bring BT closer to 6. What do you think about it?
I have to be honest with you, it's a tie really. He will not be able to be awake from 3-7 until he is closer to 1yo. 4h is just a long time for him if he does no more than 3h right now. I think squeezing that 30 min cat nap can avoid OT for now.

I'm sorry I don't have a perfect advice for you. I just don't have much experience with working around schedule like that :(

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2016, 20:10:55 pm »
I think what I really eventually want to aim for is
Nap 1 10 to 12
Nap 2 3.30 to 4.30
Bt 7
I know that A is Long at 3hr30 but I don't have a lot of choice. I just a plan to get there really!
Gemma

Offline Bella89

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 20:30:55 pm »
That's a great plan! If only you can put him down at 3:30 use it!

The plan looks great. 3:30 A time is not too long for 9mo especially that they can handle longer times in that age range:)
Don't worry.

The most difficult thing is to get there slowly and don't take steps too big. You're doing great!

Remember to let me know how days go :)
I just hope I'm helping and not disturbing.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 20:33:45 pm »
Thanks for the reassurance! I'll give it a go!
Gemma

Offline Bella89

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 11:35:05 am »
Hi there,
I just wanted to let you know that I will be locking this topic as you started very similar one recently and it is probably the most updated.

Good luck!