Author Topic: 17 month old short nap  (Read 937 times)

Offline Jusiahsmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
17 month old short nap
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:06:14 am »
Hi my son has been on easy schedule since about 3 months old. We have had out ups and downs and eventually had a long good run until recently. He just started day care and his naps have gone crazy. I'm afraid he is going to hit a stage of over tiredness and things will get worse. He was napping 2 hours everyday and now bc of distractions and noise at daycare he only sleeping 1 hour. He is super cranky by end of day falls asleep on 25 min car ride home at 6 and when I try to put him down early he won't fall asleep til almost 8 bc of his 20-25 power nap in car. Not sure what to do. I feel so bad for him.
His schedule looks something like this : 630am wake up feed play
10:30-11am -nap--1 hour nap. Use to be 2 hours
11:30- 12pmWake up depending what time he fell asleep
6pm- power nap in car
745-8 sleep for night

Before daycare
630 wake up
1030-11am nap
12:30-1pm wake up
6 pm-- 10 min nap in car towards end of ride
730 sleep for night

Offline Jodes112

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 42
  • You got this! 🙌🏻
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:42:57 am »
Hi,

Are daycare able to move that nap slightly later in the day so that even if it is a shorter nap, he may then avoid falling asleep in the car on the way home and u can get him in bed at 6.30 for the night.

My dd is 18m and her nap has been between 12 and 12.30 for a while now. Could they mabee gradually start pushing that nap later?

X
Jody
 xx

Offline Lindsay27

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
Re: 17 month old short nap
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 13:05:54 pm »
Going to move this to toddler sleep as your LO is over 1yr, but I agree with pp...at daycare (and at home) my DS was napping at around 12noon.  I think if they push that A time out too he would hopefully be tired enough to sleep through any noise.

Does daycare have a place they can put him down that is a little more quite/suited for naps?

Offline Jusiahsmom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 17 month old short nap
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 18:25:16 pm »
Yes I will try to have them slowly push his naps but it seems like he's just falling asleep anywhere at around the 11 am time. I will ask them to n hope they will. The only issue with the 630 bed time is that I won't really get to see him if he's in bed that early :( but his sleep is more important. Do I think he will eventually get accustom to 1 hr naps or will he eventually adapt and take his 2 hours once all this gets pushed thru