Author Topic: AAAAAAAAARGH!  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Vanessia

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
AAAAAAAAARGH!
« on: February 26, 2008, 14:39:46 pm »
hey ladiesss..!!
hope everyones doing well..
i havent been here in a long time...
but right now im dealing with 3 things at a time...
so lemme start...

DS is now 15 months...and he drinks his milk from the botle in the mroning and at night before he sleeps.
i weaned him off the bottle for water & juice ..about 4 months ago..it was a tackle..but it worked...we went through a hundred different bottles..cups..everything but i FINALLY found one that worked...
was a straw cup...the non spill types..
so juice & water he takes frm that.
Been trying to introduce milk to him in other forms but ....no luck!!...
he only wants the bottle for milk and milk in the bottle...
also i want to start giving him cows milk...
which i tried yday..
but again no luck!
he just had a sip and gave it right back to me...with that "nope, this isnt my milk "look
so ive basically tried milk in his straw cup...in a beaker ..in everything ..but he'll jst have a few sips and thats it..
but if he sees it ina bottle he wants it like hes never had it before..
im sure the sucking from the bottle...just calms him down and he relishes it ....so much ....i dont think he;d get d same satisfaction with any other bottle/beaker..
so my question here is how do i wean him off...the bottle..i know it isnt as easy as it sounds but there has to be a way out..
should i just go 'cold turkey' and hide all the bottles ..till he accepts it in aother form..im afraid that might just put him off milk!!!!
but seriously, thats wat i did with water ..i would just let the straw cup hang ard in front of him with his normal bottle in no sight ...and i guess he just didnt see it for a while so he started drinking from this..like out of sight out of mind sorts...
should i try that with milk too??
next question is...
how do u start potty training..hes 15 months old and imnot too sure if its too early or is it the right time..but i just feel i need to start now..
i understand they 'pee' ever 20 mins...so is that right? to make trips every 15 mins...
and a BM 1 hour after they eat..
wat i really am trying to ask is...how do u start..wat times are right...
u knw..just smtg to help me start off..my DS BM are not very regular so thats my problem there...
so basically those are wat im dealing with right now..
and im gettin verrrry impatient..
last night...i gave him cows milk in HIS night time bottle( after trying to several times in several different cups...)and he flat refused it ....after that i kepottrying and jst gave up and gave him his normal formula..but sort of like he lost the trust in me..and he just refused to drink milk..whish is smtg he has never done..
he'd even drink milk in his Slpee ..when he misses a feed smtimes..but last night ...was impossible...

im witing anxiously for sme advice..
sorry if this has beeen a tad tooo long...
hugs!
i tried introducing a lil milk during snacjk time ..in a cup but he just takes a few sips and leaves...

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: AAAAAAAAARGH!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 16:19:43 pm »
{{hugs}}

I am going to suggest that you make 2 posts, one in bottle feeding about weaning the bottle, and the other in potty training about potty training.  Let me know when you do so and I can link your links here and lock this one.

Thanks.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Vanessia

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: AAAAAAAAARGH!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 21:48:44 pm »
thanks!!!
i just reposted in bottle feeding after i found a thread verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry similar to mine..
im going to hunt in potty training now..thanks  raech!!!
 :-*