Author Topic: STTN and now wanting an extra feed in the morning.  (Read 1182 times)

Offline cuckoochick

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
STTN and now wanting an extra feed in the morning.
« on: June 17, 2011, 11:04:53 am »
Hi, after much tweaking of my EASY DD, just turned 7mos, has gone back to STTN but now seems extra hungry in the morning. She has a full BF (both breasts) upon waking and then solids 1hr after that. Hpwever in the last few days has been hungry another hour- an hour and a half after that. She has been taking a really good feed off 1 side and it doesn't seem to be interfering with her 2nd feed after her morning nap.

Is this just a temporary thing that will disappear after a few days? I clearly don't mind the feed here as opposed to in the night.  ;D I should also mention that she is coming down with a cold but is in great spirits and this is only happening in the morning.

TIA :) 

*Nicola*

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
Re: STTN and now wanting an extra feed in the morning.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 04:47:27 am »
It certainly doesn't sound like she's snacking so I wouldn't be worried (though I would keep an eye on it to make sure it stays that way!).  I think that it could be that she's just extra hungry since she's STTN :D From what you're describing, I don't think there's any harm in keeping that extra feed for now, as long as she continues to take a full feed then and it doesn't turn into a snacking habit.  You could also offer more solids at breakfast (if she'll take them) or offer a snack instead of a bf (though that might be a bit easier when she's older).  And enjoy your extra beauty rest! ;)
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline cuckoochick

• Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
Re: STTN and now wanting an extra feed in the morning.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 09:17:34 am »
Thank you. There is definitely something weird going on with her as yesterday she refused her afternoon nap and took a full feed way earlier than expected.

Am trying with the solids but it's variable the amount she will eat and breakfast is the meal she seems least fussed for.

No extra feed this morning so will just watch out for hunger cues.

Thanks again

*Nicola*