Author Topic: Reluctant/Refusing to try new foods  (Read 794 times)

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
Reluctant/Refusing to try new foods
« on: May 22, 2006, 13:59:01 pm »
Hi -

I am just wondering what I should do as my dd's food repertoire is very limited.  She needs to eat fruit and veg and I have been trying to offer them as finger food as she is refusing to be spoon fed the majority of the time.  However, she either does not even pick up the new item or she picks it up and plays with it only.  Should I keep putting it on her tray for every meal for several days and hope she actually eats it eventually?  How long until I give up on a particular item?  I should say that I am putting the new item on her tray along with a food she typically eats.  Thanks in advance for any advice! 

andibig

Re: Reluctant/Refusing to try new foods
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 18:59:40 pm »
glad i'm not the only one. i've tried that too putting with her fav foods. sometimes she'll try it or sometimes she looks at it as if to say "you want me to eat THIS?!". personally i just keep offering. if she tries and doesn't like it- fair enough just try again few weeks later. another mother suggested making your own fruit smoothies. there really good for days when they don't eat much (as v.filling) should warn you about the nappy afterwards  :o