Author Topic: 13.5 weeks - need advice!  (Read 987 times)

Offline Jnetlai

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 02, 2014, 01:22:45 am »
Hi,

Am reaching out for help.

My DD is 13.5 weeks, turning 3 mths on 6 sep. She has in the past 1.5 weeks been having problems with her feed. She used to finish her feed easily within 20 min but has recently taken to taking a very longtime and sometimes not even finishing her milk. Her awake time is about 1hr 20 min though at times she does seem to be able to stretch to 1hr30min.

I was wondering if I should start tranisitioning her to 3.5hr EASY?

Her naps are not great either. Needs a lot of resettling to get her to nap for 1.5hrs.

She is a bit more distracted now that she is bigger, but she has no problems drinking the first 60-70ml, and after that she just pushes the bottle away. I would try to feed again in 10/15 min and sometimes it would be successful and sometimes not. I would end up invariably feeding the remaining just before nap.

Her current routine is somewhat like that:
7 - awake
715 - feed/activity with breaks in her feed
805 - will bring her into the room and have quiet time
820 - asleep (on a good day)
10 - awake (I would need to go into her room at about 9 to pat her back to sleep, and I would stay in the room for at least half hr!)
10 - change her
1030 - feed (I don't feed her earlier as she isn't hungry) till 11ish
1105 - in her room
1120 - asleep. This nap is terrible, she has great difficulty transitioning cycles, and I spend a lot of time trying to put her back to sleep, at least half hour to 45 min.
1 - awake (if I can't settle her, she would be awake much earlier and I would give a smaller feed to her to get her to go back to sleep in about 1hr time)
130 - feed. Same pattern as above
2ish - asleep and would try to get her to sleep till 430. She would usually end up waking up at 430ish as again we spend much time trying to resettle her
430 - a small feed of about 50/60 ml
5ish/6 - cat nap for 20 min
630 - bath
645 - feed till about 730 and she would fall asleep with no issues till 11
11 - wake her for DF. Goes back to bed with no problem
3/4/5 - wakes up for feed and goes back down with no problems

Sigh, I am really envious of parents who have babies who can do long naps without resettling. Am still waiting for that day (if it ever happeds) to me. :((

Offline Jnetlai

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 02:01:32 am »
I forgot to add that she is bottle fed with expressed breast milk in the day and formula at night.

Offline nevinsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 59
Re: 13.5 weeks - need advice!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 20:29:06 pm »
Ahh hun, this is PRIME time for really lousy naps! You are doing fine and they WILL get better. Do the best you can and know that it will all settle in time. http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=260702.0 . Are you using white noise and swaddle? If a nap is one hour or less then I would cut the next A back to about an hour.

Maryn

[/url]

Offline Jnetlai

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:21:42 am »
Thanks, am doing what I can.
The feed is really throwing me off though. She is really not hungry at the 3 hr mark, and it will drag on to just before she naps. I guess I will just have to roll with it.  ::)

Offline emily3434

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 00:08:36 am »
Just pooping on to say we are also 3 months-sept 9 (although due on the 6th!)
We have wonky naps and needing lots of resettling.  It is no fun.  Had a good few stretches there a few weeks back-but I think he is leaning so many new things and is much more alert it's just hard being so little!  He is my 3rd, so trying to help him when I can so he gets good sleep.  I feel I made that mistake with my first and spent all my time settling him and no time to myself or enjoying him, and by 5-6 months things were sorted out.  But I'm right there with you!  Worrying about sleep!!