Author Topic: Choking... seemingly a lot  (Read 667 times)

Offline cbell

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Choking... seemingly a lot
« on: January 11, 2007, 21:47:16 pm »
My 9 month old has been eating solids now for quite awhile. She has been eating finger foods for about 2 months, mostly cheerios. Lately I started introducing some variety but she seems to choke and gag quite a bit. So I usually end up freezing whatever I made or mashing it up for another time. Tonight for example I made potato fries sprinkled with cinnamon and a dash of brown sugar. She liked them but she choked and threw up so that was the end of that. She never chokes on cheerios so I just assume she is used to them and the fact that they basically dissolve in her mouth. She can eat mashed potatoes no problem but because the skin was a little crispy (not too much) she couldn't quite "chew" them up. She only has 2 bottom teeth so far. So should I wait to give her anything new until she has more teeth or just keep trying so she gets the hang of it.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Re: Choking... seemingly a lot
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 00:51:01 am »
I would just give her things that will dissolve for now like the Cheerios do.  It is a hard transition for them to go to chunks.  Although I dont think that teeth make a difference cause B doesnt have any yet (13 months) and eats just about everything.