Author Topic: 5 week old.. i need help..  (Read 951 times)

Offline rileyand wyatt

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
  • having so much fun!!!!
« on: January 21, 2006, 21:16:56 pm »
I need help from anyone who is willing to lend a listening ear..

Riley is 5 weeks old and has been on EASY since the day we brought her home.. She is on a 2 1/2 to 3 hour day cylce pretty much everyday, we are cluster feeding and dream feeding at 10pm.. here is the problem, she is waking at 2:45 which is great but after her feed she screams bloody murder for an hour to 2 hours. She is bottle feed and takes 4 oz at a feeding. she is on soy as well since she had a major gas issue as well as relux issues which she is on Zantca for. She is easy to get to sleep during the day but this one feed at night is really bad. We are up for almost 2 fullhours till 4:30 before she gets to sleep..

Does anyone have any suggestions , we have tried a paci, we have sshhh and patted we have tried everything to settle her, my thought is she is so tired and can't get back to sleep. we feed her in her nusery with all the lights out.. sorry for rambling but my husband and i are lacking major sleep. also i have a 2 year old that demand a lot of energy..

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Riley's mom

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: 5 week old.. i need help..
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 04:17:38 am »
is her crib elevated on a 30 to 45 angle? have you tried burping her by rubbing her back?
also there is a board on reflux and colic, i know they must have very good advice for you there...

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: 5 week old.. i need help..
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2006, 05:03:54 am »
OK Something to try that worked for my LO, who is also a refluxer with a lot of gas.

Swaddle her, and hold her close to your chest on her side faceing you, give her a paci, rock her, swing her, or even walk with her, and sing, shush, or talk quietly to her.

The swaddle and the side holding help reliease the pressure on her tummy and the Paci, rocking, and shushing sooth her.

Once she's calm lay her back down. Repeat as often as it takes for her to settle. It takes a while to fully work, it takes a lot of work and comitment.

*hugs* I know its hard but this stage doesn't last long.

Please let us know how it goes for you.
Kimberly