Author Topic: Swaddling  (Read 933 times)

Offline mrsrobbo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
  • Bev, mum to Bradley, Paige and 9 angels x
Swaddling
« on: February 06, 2006, 03:37:38 am »
My little boy is almost 6 months old, he still loves to be swaddled before he will go to  sleep. I this something I should be encouraging him out of, if so how shall i do it???  Or will he just grow out of it? I dont know anyone else with babies who do this!

Thanks
Bev

Offline Nicola_G

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
Re: Swaddling
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 04:12:48 am »
Hi,

If you are happy to keep him swaddled, then go for it.

I personally broke my lo's serious swaddle habit at about 5 mths in preparation for him going to childcare as I felt that it was just one less thing to be worried about him sleeping properly. I started with one arm out, laying him on the loose arm (sleeps on his side in a wedge). Once he was OK with that, I did one arm out, with the loose arm up. That took the most getting used to. Once he was OK with that, it was really quick to do 2 arms out, which was basically no swaddle as he never really had his legs wrapped. Broke the habit within the week with no real disruption to sleeping.
Nicola
Mum to Tyson Luke, born August 1, 2005
In the Australian bush

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: Swaddling
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 04:22:19 am »
My little guy is 13 months and I still swaddle!  Dont worry - it's an incredilby loose swaddle, but it's how I signal bedtime.  I swaddle his lower body loosely in his blanket, carry him around the house, dance, read a book and then plop hiim in his crib.  I kiss goodnight and by the time I reach his bedroom door he's out of his swaddle and standing up, shaking the rail, jumping up, whatever.  It's all ok.  It's just something I've always kept doing and he doesnt seem bothered by it in the least!