Author Topic: How do I handle sleepy days?  (Read 687 times)

Offline KeirasMummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
How do I handle sleepy days?
« on: August 24, 2006, 01:05:16 am »
Got another question, I'm full of them today!  ;D

Keira is usually a really bad napper and I'm lucky to get 40 minutes out of her a couple of times a day.

Today something has switched though. She had almost two hours this morning before waking up for her feed. I fed her and she was getting really sleepy during what is meant to be her A time. I tried hard to keep her awake but she was falling asleep in my arms. In the end I've just put her to sleep just short of her one hour of A time.

How do I handle these days? Do I keep to the routine as close as possible by keeping her awake, or do I take advantage of these days where she's happy to sleep?

eta: Just when I thought she was going to be ok she changes around again! After putting her back to bed she woke as soon as I walked out of the room. She's been wide awake and I've struggled to get her back to sleep and it's now almost an hour past her usual A time end.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 02:27:28 am by KeirasMummy »

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: How do I handle sleepy days?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 19:43:11 pm »
I think your LO is 12 weeks old  :-\

It could be a growth spurt, it can make LO's sleepier - I would still try and follow your rouinte as much as you can. You don''t want to be in the situation where she sleeps to much in the core day hours and not at night.
Lauren x