Author Topic: Need advice / introduce new foods. 6.5 months  (Read 964 times)

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Need advice / introduce new foods. 6.5 months
« on: February 04, 2006, 15:06:32 pm »
Hi there,

My lo is 6.5 months old.  I have tried 4 different cereals and I think 4 or 5 veggies.  He has not really enjoyed eating although sometiems he really surprises me and will have a good meal. 

Right now I do cereal in the morning and a veg in the afternoon.

Now, should I introduce a third meal?  Also, should I start introducing fruit even though he hasn't grown to like his other foods yet? 

I don't force him to eat cuz I don't want him to have an aversion, but i do make sure he gets about 3 bites to make sure he doesn't have an allergy.

Any advice would be really welcome.
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline C-line

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Re: Need advice / introduce new foods. 6.5 months
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 15:41:51 pm »
Hello,

Well, I can offer my opinion ;D  I would continue to offer the veggies but try new things.  My son ate peas really well, but still won't eat green beans - who'd think?  Perhaps try some fruit in his cereal?  Personally, I went back and forth between veggies and fruits when starting out and he didn't just eat fruit because it was sweet (if that's your concern about it)... actually the peas and carrots are quite sweet too.  Anyway, maybe this will help him look more forward to meal times.  My doc said we could start yogurt after 6mo so you may want to try that - my son LOVES yogurt.  I use plain whole milk yogurt and add a little yobaby to it or fruit so it's not too tart/sour.  Check with your doc first to be sure.

I guess what I'm saying is yes, I'd introduce fruit and look toward some other things for him.  I tend to mix in pureed fruit with oatmeal or mash a bit of banana in it.

HTH a little

Offline vmcdonald28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 15:59:03 pm »
i agree - i'd introduce as many new things as possible, to test the waters and see what he enjoys. Have you tried mushy Weetabix in whole milk? My ds cries when he's finished his weetabix (he eats a whole one - only 10 months!)

Also, my ds seems to enjoy veg more than fruit. He loves pureed sweetcorn - VERY sweet. And adding grated cheese would make him eat pretty much anything! (stir it through the warm food, so it melts, until he's eating lumpier food.)

Yoghurts are good too - most babies love them. Or flavoured fromage frais. Beware though - some of them, including the Petit Filous ones, which are aimed at children, have a lot of sugar in them...

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2006, 09:51:19 am »
Sorry to hi-jack your post.  Do you put sugar on your DS's weetabix?
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel