Author Topic: move from 3 - 4 hr schedule: confused by advice in new book  (Read 1182 times)

Offline harperc

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
move from 3 - 4 hr schedule: confused by advice in new book
« on: October 29, 2005, 19:54:47 pm »
I'm confused by what is on pages 228-230 in the new book.  On days four to seven of transitioning from a 3 to 4 hour schedule, ifI keep my daughters awake an extra 15 minutes, until 8:45, and then feed them at 10:15, 1:15, and 4:15, as is written in the book, and have nap lengths of 1 1/2, 1 1/4, and 2 hours plus the cat nap, as also written on this page, then the awake times throughout  the day would be 1 3/4, 1 3/4, and 1 for the first 3 eating and activity times.  Is this right? 

Then on days eight to eleven, if the feed times are 7:00, 1:30, 1:30, and 4:30, and the nap lenghts are approximately 1 1/2, 1 3/4, and 2, the the awake times (eating + activity) throughout the day are 2, 1 1/4, and 1?  It seems odd that as I'm making this transition from 1 1/2 up, 1 1/2 down to 2 up, 2 down, that some of the up/awake times in the process would be as low as 1 1/4 and 1.

Adding to my confusion is that the chart on 230 doesn't match the information on page 229.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Debbie
MOT

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 21:07:03 pm »
Yes, i found it confusing too!  There is debate over what Tracy meant but what we did is attached.

Let me know if that helps or have more questions.

Good luck.
PS: there is also a sticky on this topic in EASY forum i believe.

Offline luckymom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 21:44:29 pm »
Thanks for posting that download, I asked a question on the EASY forum and this addresses part of it.  What did you do days 1-3, and would you mind explaining the part under days 4-7 about 2 of 5 at 3.25 hrs?  How did you know when it was time?  Should I adjust for my LO being 3 weeks early as to when to start?

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 03:15:50 am »
"What did you do days 1-3"
Not sure what you mean?

"Would you mind explaining the part under days 4-7 about 2 of 5 at 3.25 hrs?"
You will be on a 3.25hr EASY for 2 out of the 5 cycles.  So first 2 naps are a cycle of 3.25, the rest of the day fall back to 3hr EASY.

"How did you know when it was time?"
When I found BW my dd was 4mos and taking the 45min nap, so i was more then ready to try the longer awake times.

"Should I adjust for my LO being 3 weeks early as to when to start?"
Before i answer that...how old is your LO now?  How long are her A times currently?  How is she napping and sleeping at night?

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2005, 04:05:11 am »
Don't know if this well help...but thought I'd throw it out there... :D

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/3-4hr-transition-plan-on-page-230-vt41061.html
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline luckymom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2005, 21:24:38 pm »
My LO is 15 weeks.  His activity time is about 1 hour, tops...I usually start to see the yawns after he has been awake 1.25-1.5 hours.  We've been working on naps, he often wakes at the 23 minute mark, and it can be extremely difficult to get him back down after that, but then he'll sleep another hour+.  He wakes during the night but not to feed, usually just to re-swaddle and he is back out.  Bed by 8:30, up by 7:30.

The Q about days 1-3 is that your scedule begins with day 4-7.  Was 1-3 just really sticking to current schedule and watching A time closely?

OK, I understand the 3.25 thing now...duh!  I didn't look at the times to figure that out!