Author Topic: Is my 7.5 month old bored with solids?  (Read 827 times)

Offline Mom2one

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Is my 7.5 month old bored with solids?
« on: November 14, 2006, 18:10:02 pm »
Last week, my 7.5 month old had a sudden decrease in her formula intake which lasted a few days.  Now her formula intake is back up (27-30oz per day) however, she seems less interested in solids.  I'm offering at the same time as always but she just seems like she doesn't want to eat.    She is currently on Stage 2 (strained) jarred foods.  Is it possible that she is bored with the consistency?  Should I try going to a Stage 3 food (are they slightly chunkier?)
Or should I switch to solids before bottles and possibly drop down to 3 bottles? 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 19:14:14 pm by Mom2one »

Offline SallyDom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Re: Is my 7.5 month old bored with solids?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 20:42:23 pm »
Could your daughter be teething? My 8 month old has 6 teeth now and before all his bouts of teething there's been periods of up to 2 weeks where either his milk or food ontake has dropped. The last time he stopped eating food for over a week, he literally wouldn't eat a thing. It didn't effect his night time sleep though so I tried not to worry too much.

I personally wouldn't drop your daughter's milk to 3 bottles yet (although if she went to 3 x 9oz bottles then she wouldn't be dropping much), I think if they are still taking decent amounts of their 4 hourly bottles then they don't need to drop one feed yet.

HTH
Sally
x
Dominic Luke 29/03/06
Isaac (Zac) James 14/11/07

Offline *Natasha*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 23:10:12 pm »
Agree with the teething thing. You can try the next stage food if you want however i wouldn't drop the amount of formula at this stage.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Mom2one

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 02:07:14 am »
Thanks.

I don't think I'm ready to drop to 3 bottles for a number of reasons.  One being her bottles only hold 8oz and second, she's still drinking a good number of oz at each feed, so it's not like she's dropped oz at a specific feed. 

Last week we went through 3 days where she was uninterested in bottles, now it's solids.  I guess she could be teething.  She currently has her 2 bottom front teeth, but she's still chewing like mad on things.  I tried to take a look in her mouth, but she's being a bit uncooperative so I honestly can't tell if she is possibly cutting more.

This is where I get confused.  She napped from 2-4pm, woke up and at 4:15 she drank 5oz (only because she would normally have a 7oz bottle at 3:30 with dinner at 5, so I gave her 5oz so that she eat her dinner).  So at 4:45pm, she gobbled up her dinner, and then sat while we ate dinner at 5:30 she sat in her highchair with us and nibbled on Cheerios. 

However, I always wait at least 1hr to feed solids after her 7am bottle and 11:30am bottle (so breakfast between 8-8:30 and lunch around 12:30) and she's not interested.  Should I try offering her breakfast and lunch 30-45 mins after her bottles. 

« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 02:51:03 am by Mom2one »

Offline Mom2one

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 13:22:01 pm »
Well, this morning I tried feeding solids 30 mins after her bottle, she ate some, but not all.