Author Topic: Advice and support please  (Read 7633 times)

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: Advice and support please
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 04:05:28 am »
LOL I could make a killing with that  ;D
Kimberly

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 11:32:39 am »
Well that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...

Nathan (friends LO) did very well last night. Other then the 2 wakings I already mentioned, he cried out once at about 11:30, but went back to sleep without me even going in, and he only woke up at 5:30am. I went in and picked him up, gave him a cuddle and put him back down, did that about 4-5 times and he went back to sleep. No bottle, nothing. In total it took about 15 minutes.

Its now 6:30 and I am up to take my shower and get ready for the day, both LO's are still out :)

I hope it stays like this. This I can handle.

I am however prepared for 2 VERY hungry babies at brakefast.  :P

I hope this wasn't a fluke....
Kimberly

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 20:18:30 pm »
Wow Kimberly, fingers crossed tonight goes as smoothly. 

Yay Nathan :)

binxyboo

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 20:50:18 pm »
GO KIMBERLY!!!!!

Offline mari

• Showing Appreciation 206
  • Nathan and Alex. Pearl Harbor May 2008.
    • http://marileechildcare.vpweb.co.uk/
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 21:58:41 pm »
Go Kimberley. You are a wonderful friend.  :)

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 23:17:29 pm »
Kimberley that is wonderful, great job
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 04:59:17 am »
OK so tonight hasn't been as easy as last night so far  :-\

He's been up 4 times now, still havn't given him a bottle, but I must admit I am really tired (it being midnight here) and getting slightly impatient as I have now been trying to settle him for about half an hour or so. He's finally goon quiet so fingers crossed he's actually going back to sleep. My biggest worry is that he'll wake Kayla and then I'll have them both up. DD's a pretty good sleeper so it should be fine, but still...

here is hopeing the rest of the night goes better...
Kimberly

binxyboo

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 05:12:29 am »
Good luck!

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 11:45:37 am »
So the last wake up for Nathan was 11:30, he finally went to sleep shortly after 12, he slept untill 6:30am.
No bottles and no screaming matches.
he only woke up because my DD was up at 6am by 6:30 she started crying and woke him up. My DP desided he was going to take a shower and that woke her up (always does) then she woke him.

To be honest I'm really not sure why he is sleeping better for me. I almost feel bad telling mom how well he's sleeping, I don't want to make her feel bad or anything you know. He's just not waking as much and he's not getting that bottle he's used to.
Kimberly

Offline mari

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 11:49:14 am »
You could tell her that he was probably going through a rough patch and he is now over it!!  The baby I care for is more settled for me, it's like they know how far they can push certain people!!  But I say, 'Well, perhaps he wass teething over the weekend and that's why his sleep patterns were out, and then tell her what I did and she follows and he will usually do the same for her'  I try not to make her feel that he will sleep for me but not for her, I make an excuse for him.

Offline Duckie

• Showing Appreciation 183
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 12:46:54 pm »
Forget day home, open a business taking peoples kids in for a few weeks and teach them indep sleep

This was my idea!!!

Kimberly, you are an awesome friend!

A while back (I think Andrew was 2 or 3 ish), Andrew kept adding stuff to his bedtime routine involving playing with the ceiling fan, playing with a balloon, dancing w/ Daddy, 2-3 stories, multiple drinks and we really wanted to get it back to normal (2 stories, 1 drink and bed).  We spent a weekend at my parents place where there was no ceiling fan or balloon and went back to the old routine after a good 6 weeks.  He didn't give us ANY trouble, I suspect because we were in a different environment.  So perhaps because he's at your house and with you and not mom that he's changing stuff quickly?  Here's hoping mom stays on board with the new way of doing things!
Mother Duck to A (June/01), J (April/06), my sleeping S (2/Dec/03) and my nameless angels (1/July/04; 2/Nov/04; 13/July/05)

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 13:40:45 pm »
I think its the enviroment too. I'm hoping it'll stick for my friend.

Right now the 2 LO's are driving me batty  :o they havn't stopped crying/whining for the last 2 hours  :'( its really starting to get to me. I'm on my own here, but at least I'm getting practice for when we have #2.
Not sure whats up with the pair of them this morning, but I think they both woke up on the wrong side of the crib. I really hope they stop soon. I put them both to bed in desperation here. Nathan is still whining, Kayla is quiet. We'll see where it goes.
Kimberly

Offline Kimberly®

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 19:03:58 pm »
LOL well becuase of how her subsity works I have to have him her 2 days a weeks from 8am-5pm plus his regulare overnights. As it is today is the 8am-5pm day... therefore he is here from 1pm yesterday to 8am tomorrow morning then back tomorrow at 1pm. Makes a lot of sence doesn't it  ::) I think they should just stick with the 1pm-8am they're both going through SA.

Problem this morning I think was that DH woke them to early with his shower and they were both overtired and there for cranky. The both had a cat nap this morning for an hour and are now out again. But since there nap they were both much happier.
Kimberly

Offline mari

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 19:57:40 pm »
Wow, If I were your friend I would try to find another job!!  That's what I did. (for my sins lol)
but it's not my business.  I think that you are truly wonderful friend and I am sure that she appreciates you. 
I look after children and I must say that, although I love having them and care for them as they are my own, I look forward to going home time so that I can have my home and family back to normal for a few hours!!  And it's my job!!  You are a saint.

Offline yaya

• Showing Appreciation 236
  • BW Xmas mummies
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 20:23:55 pm »
kimberly I have just read this thread and wanted to rell u , u r a great friend! man I wish i had u nearby! and I would totally start a 'BW ...kimberly solves ur LO's sleep probs' business LOL
i wouldnt worry about your friend feelign upset, I'm sure she'll be so grateful she wont give anythig a second thoguht! i didnt understand tho, is she staying in the house too?
i think you're doing great, keep it up hun!!