Author Topic: w2s the cause of sudden & frequent night wakings?  (Read 869 times)

Offline raemaite

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
w2s the cause of sudden & frequent night wakings?
« on: September 12, 2007, 20:08:50 pm »
DS has always been a good night sleeper (1, maybe 2 wake-ups a night since he was 7 weeks old, and I don't even dreamfeed). Sunday night he woke up once, at 3 am, to eat. But the last 2 nights he woke up at midnight and then EVERY 45 minutes afterward. I had to settle him each time and it took between 20-40 min to do so each time.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out what might be causing these wakings, and the only thing I can think of is that the w2s that I've been trying the last few days at naptime may be causing him to expect me to be there when he has a jolt at the 45-min mark at nights, too? (He had a few bad nights in addition to the 2 I mentioned above and I was thinking poor daytime sleep was to blame. He only takes 45 min naps, and I've been trying to extend them)

Is this possible? If so, I'll take my good night sleeper back over longer naps any day.

Offline raemaite

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: w2s the cause of sudden & frequent night wakings?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 21:07:02 pm »
Oh, and here are my answers to the questions:

How old is your child? - 14 weeks
What’s his/her daily routine? - varies, due to 45-min naps but generally up around 6:30 and down around 7 pm, eating roughly every 3 hrs, with A time of 1:30
What’s nap routine? - swing or rocking chair, book, swaddle, shush pat
How long are naps? - 45 min :(
What's bedtime routine? Time? - stroller ride, bath, PJs, nurse, swaddle, shush pat
Do you bottle or breastfed?? - breastfeed
How much? or how long? - 10 min (DS is efficient eater)
If breastfed.. one side or both?? (at each feed) - usually one side, but always offer both
How many wakes per night? - see above (usually 1 or 2 max, but recently he's been getting up a lot more)
What’s your LO like when waking at night? How long is he/she up? - usually takes at least 20 min to get him back to sleep
When you go to him/her is she fussing or crying? Or is it a mantra cry? - I always wait for the real cry, usually comes pretty quickly after waking up
What have you tried to settle?? - shush pat
What do you do for A time and how long is it? - practice rolling over, stroller ride, books, talking
Are there developmental issues such as teething or milestones? - he is really trying to roll over but isn't quite there yet
Have you introduced cereal? Why, how much, and how many times a day? (for LO’s under 6 months) - no
Do they have a prop? If so what is it? - no (won't take a paci, I shush pat him to go to bed)
Do they have a lovie? - no

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: w2s the cause of sudden & frequent night wakings?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 00:20:48 am »
Is it possible he is having a growth spurt? When he woke at midnight did you offer a feed?  Are you not feeding until a certain time? 
I am not sure if the w2s could have such an effect on nighttime sleep.  :-\   I am betting that he is overtired and possibly growing.
Thoughts?
Myia
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]