Author Topic: Developmental? Nap transition? Both...?  (Read 4869 times)

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Developmental? Nap transition? Both...?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2017, 17:50:48 pm »
Ooh well done hubby :)

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2017, 12:16:30 pm »
Back...
So I think we have progressed further into the 2-1 transition.
For over 3 weeks I was able to APOP a 20-25 min cat nap. The time of the cat nap got later and later (5:05). 
Then she started fighting BT hard, crying playing etc. (at first I thought it was teething b/c she was cutting new teeth, she also is trying to walk.
But then she began skipping the CN more often, first due to circumstances (unable to create proper APOP environment then even with APOP)
On the days she skipped the CN (no crankiness) she went down to bed nicely at 7.

After we saw this consistently for a few days we decided to allow her to sleep 2.5h for her one nap and continue on with one nap routine.

6:00 wake BF (occasional EW 530-540)
730 breakfast
1015 early lunch
1130-2:00 nap
2:00 BF
330 snack
455-5:00 BF (this used to be APOP CN- now refused)
6:00 dinner
655 BT routine with BF
7-7:05 BT

We are on the 3rd day of new routine we had an EW on the first night (that didn't surprise me) we had a couple NW last night, 2 required resettling less than 5 min, and she settled on own for other.

I know it is early in this change but not sure what to make of the NW. They seem like her teething wakes, but since the change I am wondering if it is related.

Both CN and BT became a larger battle and her new routine actually allows for more overall sleep in day.

I guess I just want to feel like I made the right choice with routine change. Hoping that she will settle in.

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2017, 11:57:26 am »
Hi.  Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, I've been away from BW for a little while due to a bad back. Trying to catch up with threads now.

How are things?  Sounds like you did well moving to one nap, I hope it's settling in for you all now.

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 15:47:17 pm »
I have pretty much gave up on the cat nap. I know it is against all advice. But I can't seem to get one even with APOP. Every once in a while if her first nap is disturbed she might give me a cat nap.

Jessmum gave me a good suggestion, which might actually work, but would interfere with the schedule she will be starting at day care in less than a month.

So I figure at this point we should push on.

We have been getting EW and an occasional brief NW that she usually settles on own.

On most days I can get a 2.5h nap (I was capping at 2h in hopes of getting cat nap) I think that might help some.

I am assuming it will just be a matter of time until LO gets used to this nap/sleep routine?? Any idea when or how long the adjustment period will be?

I really could do without the EW haha

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2017, 18:47:51 pm »
I have pretty much gave up on the cat nap. I know it is against all advice.
I don't think it's against all advice. I think you started this thread just over 2 months ago - so really you've done 2 months of transitioning and ended up with one nap. That's totally fine.  Once the CN is totally and utterly refused there really isn't any option but to move to one nap and try to make it at the most suitable time of day.  You've done great!  Just think how OT she would have been without all the efforts you put in to help her through this phase.

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2017, 23:26:12 pm »
Fighting BT hard...
My LO started fighting BT again. She has not done this since she was still taking 2 naps before transition.
I would expect her to be more OT than UT... And she has never behaved like this when OT before...

I can't figure it out, nor do know what to do... She keeps standing and crawling... But she is crying too. Nothing soothes her... Or the instant she stops crying she stands up or crawls around frantically, then starts fussing/crying again.

I don't know if this is related to the new gas issue... But i can't figure it out. She just eventually tires herself out crying.

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2017, 07:52:03 am »
Is she close to her birthday?

Offline LaraAndrea

• BW Devotee
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 10:54:24 am »
Less than a month, beginning of October

Offline creations

• Forum Moderator
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2017, 18:52:06 pm »
There's a chance this is related to her birthday developmental leap then.  I know that I have had times of confusion, like you are saying you can't figure it out, and then realise my DS is near his birthday or half birthday. They are always times sleep goes off track for us (and many).  What I generally do is move BT later because my DS stalls for ages with calls back etc etc so I just choose to bypass that with later BT so that he goes down faster. It isn't enough sleep for him of course but it does reduce the frustration of the long BT drama.  Once he is past it I bring BT earlier again, back to normal.
It's all I can think of at this point, sorry if that's not much help for you.
Perhaps a new thread to get fresh eyes on this as it isn't really a nap issue any more but a BT issue.