Author Topic: Early wakings  (Read 538 times)

Offline Ceba

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: September 28, 2014, 05:32:39 am »
Hey,
We are just another parents who want to sleep in in the mornings. Our one year old is on easy since he was 2 months old and he has always been an early bird.
This is his schedual:
Awake: 6 am
Milk and breakfast
Activity
9am: snack
11.15: lunch
11:30-12:00 sleep for 2-3 hours
3pm: snack
6pm: dinner
7.30pm: sleep

He just dropped the second nap. It just happened, we had no control over it. We have no problems getting him to sleep, we just do our routine and he is asleep in less than 10 minutes (both for the nap and for the night sleep).
When he wakes up in the morning he is usually in a good mood, active and full of energy but if go for a walk in the stroller or for a drive in the car he is asleep in 5 minutes. I must say that it was the same when he was napping 2 times a day. He woke up at 6am and he always wanted to sleep in the stroller or in the car. That makes me think that he’s not getting enough sleep and that is not related with him dropping on of the naps. He wakes up at 6 no matter what his bed time is. Or maybe he just likes napping in the stroller or in the car.
Any suggestions?

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: Early wakings
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 06:51:41 am »
Hi, your day looks good I'd personally say he's getting plenty of sleep your getting 10.5 hours at night with a 2/3 hour nap. 6am for most is a decent WU time I'm afraid so if you think he's lacking in sleep but always waking at 6am then you could bring BT 30 mins earlier to see if he gets more night sleep that way.
My DS would've always nodded off in the car or stroller even with a 10 min drive if it was after he'd been awake a while. x
Zoe