Author Topic: please please please help us!  (Read 861 times)

Offline Huebnerraizel

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 08, 2016, 15:22:13 pm »
good morning,
I'm new to this site but i am very desperate and hoping someone here can help me.
My baby is a sweet, good natured five month old who we sleep trained using PU/PD at around three and a half months. He was on a great schedule, going to sleep at 9, waking up close to 7, and having three 45 min naps and one 1.5 hour nap a day. he went down with no problem (swaddle, pacifier, cuddles, down) and woke up happy.
A few days after he turned five months something must have happened, and his schedule is non -existant! He wont nap for longer than 30 min during the day, cries and screams and wiggles out of the swaddle when put down. He now takes 45 min to a hour of going in and giving him his pacifier to calm him down before he falls asleep for the night! PU/PD just seems to make him more hysterical, and sitting near him with my hand on his chest seems to keep him calm but it still takes him a hour to fall asleep! Once he is asleep he wakes up twice or three times during the night (12, 3, 5) and won't fall back asleep unless we get him a bottle! He's not hungry because he never finished more than half an ounce, but it is the only way he'll stop screaming at night! I tried putting him to sleep earlier, but that just led to him crying in bed for longer. I am at my wits end, and desperately need him to be on a schedule again! he goes to a babysitter for 6 hours a day, but this coming week i'll be home with him all day, and i would love to use the time to get us back on track.
SOS! please help!

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: please please please help us!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 18:08:09 pm »
Hello and welcome to BW forums :)

Has this been happening just a few days or a little longer now?

Any signs of teething? sore gums white or red, drooling etc?

Any history of reflux or silent reflux or other medical issues?

Have you introduced solids (it's early but some people do so that's why I ask)?

Could you record your EAS times as they happen and post with them please? Add a short note about what happened.
So something like this:
WU 7 (WU= Wake Up, the time he starts the day)
E 7.00
A 2hr
S 9 - 9.45 tried to re-settle but he screamed, tried for 30 mins
E 10.30
A
etc including NWs (night wake)

It will help us if we have more information.