Author Topic: Sweet baby HATES tummy time!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline bubbasmomma

• Mom of a Touchy Sweetheart
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
  • Whaddup???
Sweet baby HATES tummy time!
« on: February 16, 2007, 04:28:14 am »
We have put our lo on her tummy since she came home every day for almost 4 mo, but she still gets stinking mad everytime I put her there, even if I get down with her, give her toys, etc.  Any ideas to make it easier on her?
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline aisling

• Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 494
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 04:41:23 am »
I find with these little ones and yours looks very alert...that when they are on their stomach they can't see all the action and are frustrated by that.  I used to make a bolster for DS.  I rolled up a towel and put hair elastics/scrunchies at each end to keep towel together and then propped his chest on the bolster so now he was up and looking around. It was better, but he still loved his back or sitting assisted better.  Once he was sitting at 6 months then he became more interested in tummy time.  Then when he began crawling at 9 months, he hated being on his back!  Ahhh, babies, they are so full of surprises!

HTH,

Aisling x

Offline mum101

• Char
  • Showing Appreciation 138
Re: Sweet baby HATES tummy time!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 04:41:52 am »
My daughter was the same!  

She had (and still has) an off-the scale head circumference and so it was probably hard for her.  I didn't do it everyday, probably every couple of days or once a week, but she also had a strong neck, so it wasn't a big concern.

I can suggest laying her on your belly as you lie on the sofa and she should enjoy looking at you from that angle.   ;D
mumma to 2 former BW babies, DD 11, DS 8

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 19:13:50 pm »
I lay mine on my chest sometimes as she doesn't mind that nearly as much.  Also put her up higher, like on a bed or sofa -- and as Aisling said, if you prop them up a bit that really seemed to help both of mine.  If I put mine up on her Boppy that seemed to help (they also make mini-Boppys now which seem to be just the right height for smaller babies. 

Offline ¤ Efka ¤

• Showing Appreciation 174
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 19:15:27 pm »
Mine hated TT also, he would only tolerate  it on poppy pillow, worth to try
~Efka~