Author Topic: 7mo suddenly waking up after 2 weeks of sleeping thru  (Read 879 times)

Offline hpling

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
7mo suddenly waking up after 2 weeks of sleeping thru
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:07:01 am »
We had a good spell of sleeping thru for around 2 weeks. This was after we managed to get DS on 4hr EASY, weaned him off paci and settling him using pu/pd! Suddenly last week, he started waking up at 2-3am. He will be crying on/off for around 10mins and when we find that he is not settling, we pick him up. That's when it all goes crazy. DS will start screaming to no end (no matter what we do, short of giving him the bottle) for at least 15mins before falling asleep again. Same thing at 5-ish am.

Can anyone please tell me what is happening? Initially, he was stuck on his tummy (he's learning to crawl now) but subsequently, he would wake up even on his back. Could it be night terrors??

Grateful for any suggestions/tips!!

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
Re: 7mo suddenly waking up after 2 weeks of sleeping thru
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 12:34:10 pm »
To ease your mind a bit, I don't think it is night terrors.  I believe night terrors start at an older age. It sounds like it is developmental.  I read once that when learning to crawl babies use new muscles and can be sore at night.  I would give it a little time until he has the crawling thing down.  I wouldn't feed him if you don't think he needs it as he may start to think he does need it. 
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]

Offline hpling

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 01:06:01 am »
Thanks for putting my mind at ease re: night terrors. I was afraid that we played too much with him before bedtime. I really hope it's all due to developmental reasons because last night, he refused to sleep until 11pm, and that is only when we forced him to. He was quite happy "cruising" in his crib. Grrrrrrr..............

Offline momofclaire

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • No, I want to marry daddy!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 16:40:15 pm »
Can you post your sch?  Some babies are very sensitive to activity before bed.  Do you have a good windown routine. I have found that windown the same way everynight is like a signal to my dd. She knows it's time and starts to relax when we sit on the floor and start reading.
[img width= height=]http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/6/687/68748.png[/img]