Author Topic: Playing "make believe"  (Read 5453 times)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 15:25:16 pm »
WOW Charli!!  Loving the tea party!  Take it DD1 loves Mickey Mouse CLubhouse!!!  I just Maeve tickets to the show and she is SO excited.  It is coming to Belfast the weekend before the baby is due and I thought it would be a lovely way to spend that weekend together!! 

Offline Mashi

• Showing Appreciation 408
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 17:50:17 pm »
Oh Tooooooooooooooooodles!!! 

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 20:32:25 pm »
Maeve actually said to me the other week 'hey what you doing pal, mummy?' and I was like 'huh?' and then I heard Mickey say it later on.   Too much playhouse disney maybe!

Offline Mashi

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 20:42:50 pm »
Yes, I think a bit too much here, too -- when we got on the plane last week, DS sat down in the seat and got the seat belt and said "this...this...this...this...this" nagging me, non stop. I kept saying "yes honey, I see...now let mommy get the bags away first..." and he just kept on pointing to it "This...this...this!" shouting at me.  So I sat him down and buckled it for him and the second I did, he started patting his knees, then patting faster, and then stuck his arms in the air and shouted "BAH!!!!!!" (as in, Blast off!) Was hilarious! 

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 20:48:19 pm »
LOL!!!!!  Mini-mashi is too clever! 

Playhouse disney has kept my sanity these last few months TBH especially when DD has been refusing to sleep!  We get 'mummy I have a problem, I need to think, think, think!' 

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Playing "make believe"
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 22:15:21 pm »
DS is too young for make believe but the other day I was playing with my nephews and it reminded me of when I was little. We put a washing basket or even a cardboard box on the floor and sit in it pretending it is a boat. Then use a wooden spoon to "row" the boat talking about where we're going. Then a shark comes along and eats one of our boats so we have to get in the other person's boat and be saved before we sink.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2010, 23:47:50 pm »
Awwww....this is SO cute!! So sweet, the beginning of their imaginations, isn't it?  Pretend food was huge for us....we got a play-kitchen from my SIL...some play food, some dishes...just adorable! 

She loved to pretend to "put me to bed"...I'd pretend to fall asleep while she sang to me, and then she'd walk away after giving me a kiss... :'(......only to return about 10 seconds later and say "Mon su-shine!"  (Good morning sunshine!)   ;D

I bought a tea set for her sand table, and she will spend such a long time pouring, stirring, mixing, serving.....so, so cute!

Offline jmama

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 17:39:16 pm »
Ikea do really great play cookery and tea sets
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 17:41:26 pm by jmama »

Offline JudyLee

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • DD born 13 November 2007
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 06:13:47 am »
DD plays tea parties, picnics, going to work and shopping as well.
Started a new one though - restaurant game.
I read something which gave me the idea. To help them understand how it works at a restaurant so that it's not so strange when you take them out, you get to play the waiter, the chef, the person who takes your money at the end... she loves it.
We set the cushions with white cloth nappies as tableclothes, put out the cutlery and glasses, then we make up a menu and she cooks the food and puts it on trays. We then serve the toys who come and order what they would like. Then we give them the bill and they pay.
I think we play this about twenty times a day at the moment.

Offline Mashi

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 07:04:53 am »
That's a great one - when my niece was younger, she used to make the WHOLE family play this any time DH and I went to visit.  FIL always saved the take-out menus that came through the front door for us to use as menus which was a great touch. 

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 07:11:08 am »
Yes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on as we speak  :P It's either that and Peppa Pig that I have to watch  ::) Quite like PP now actually :) Sorry OT but Shiv, you are seeing LIVE MMCH?! Wowee! How did you find out about that??

Mashi DS is so funny ;D DD also randomly says "oh tooooodles!!" Even FIL has started randomly saying it!!

Anne I love the going to bed one, DD pretends to go to sleep and I say "ah, go to sleep" then "WAKE-UP!" and she jumps up, thinks it's hilarious :) DD also LOVES sand, she plays with it at my mum's, I must buy her her own...

JudyLee the restaurant one is a great idea, will have to introduce that! xxx
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline ~*Nicole*~

• Showing Appreciation 178
  • Formerly: *Nicole-Ava's mom*
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 13:20:44 pm »
DD watches Calliou all the time. She talks about the characters throughout the day. So today, she went to the potty and said something about holding "Gilbert" while on the potty. (Calliou's cat) then we went to the couch to watch the show and she handed "Gilbert" to me to hold for a little bit. I had to pretend to take hold of a small cat (not sure why he's so small in her imagination) and pretend to pet him, LOL

Offline JudyLee

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
  • DD born 13 November 2007
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 02:36:57 am »
Oh yeah -gotta love peppa pig! Sing the title song in my sleep.

Mashi - love the idea of saving the take out menus! Thank you!

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 11:36:23 am »
Yes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on as we speak   It's either that and Peppa Pig that I have to watch   Quite like PP now actually  Sorry OT but Shiv, you are seeing LIVE MMCH?! Wowee! How did you find out about that??

Ticketmaster!  Its coming all over the UK!  SO might be one nearby you!

Have been very inspired by this thread!  Set up DD's register and food shop yesterday and haven't been able to stop playing it since.  She keeps saying 'two minutes mummy, i scanning!).  Its hilarious.  The register has a credit card machine attached and you have to put in your card and enter your pin!  Very modern!! 

We've also been playing alot with her animals.  She has been putting all her little people in their bus and yesterday I set up the animals like they were in the zoo and she drove them all around to look at them.  More like a safari actually as she didn't let them off the bus!  Her commentry was so funny...'look everybody...a tiger..its scary...it say RRRAAAHHHHH!' and then on she'd go.

i LOVE the restaurant idea.  I always remember when my parents went out I always hoped it was my gran babysitting as she let us make menus from the food that was in the kitchen and they she'd choose what she wanted and we'd cook it for her! 

Offline Kimberlina

• Showing Appreciation 26
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 13:11:09 pm »
make menus from the food that was in the kitchen and they she'd choose what she wanted and we'd cook it for her!

WE DID THIS!!!! My older sister would do this for me! Bless her!
♥ Kim