Author Topic: 10 mo having trouble with bedtime routine and night wakings... please help :-)  (Read 664 times)

Offline BabyGeorgia

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Am actually writing this on behalf of a friend who is struggling with her DD's sleep at the moment... I would be really grateful if someone could provide a little insight into what she can do to help her and her LO.

Her DD is 10-MO and has recently (over the last couple of weeks) begun having trouble getting to sleep at night, and is then waking during the night as well.

As soon as they get upstairs to put DD to bed, her baby screams and fights to get away from mummy until she falls asleep in mummy's arms. Apparently we are talking total meltdown! That quiet cry when they seem to not be breathing then SCREAM!

DD will then wake through the night - she doesn't want feeding, but cannot settle again without being cuddled.

DD has either 2 x 45 minute naps, or 1 x 2-hour nap during the day, which has been standard for a little while. However her cot was moved around about a week ago too, so not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Does anyone have any advice what would be the best training to apply to this situation. Please let me know if you need any more information.

All thoughts very gratefully received... Thank you  :)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Hi, I think it would be best if you could get an EAS day or 2 from your friend for us to look at the routine.
Zoe