Author Topic: 10 month old Early Wakings  (Read 4130 times)

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 75
Re: 10 month old Early Wakings
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 05:46:52 am »
The wonder weeks were always spot on for us too! x
Zoe

Offline Kellyjs

• Showing Appreciation 80
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 05:48:34 am »
Every hour waking was discomfort for us hun. It might be something like teeth that you can't see yet? Or as Lauren said, it may be developmental? It might be worth holding those A's as they're perfectly reasonable for his age and seeing if it settles?

As Lauren also said, those wonder weeks can upset things. I didn't necessarily believe/know about them until I read up about it after hearing about it on here and they described my LO to a T when something funny was going on.

Back patting usually works for us too, unless she is frustrated she can't get back to sleep.

Fx it all settles down soon. If it is ww, developmental or teeth, it usually goes away after 3-4 days here. If not, then maybe we'll have to revisit your easy. What do you think?? ((Hugs))

Offline lolsyb1982

• Showing Appreciation 34
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 05:55:45 am »
Our ww funny behaviour usually lasts around 2 wks... The one at 12 months lasted for nearly 4wks!!!! That one was a shocker.
Yes also every hour could well be discomfort. Have you tried any pain meds before bed to see if it makes any difference?
Lauren

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2014, 06:23:38 am »
Don't tell me that about the 12-month one Lauren! That's just round the corner for us! Boo hiss   ;) x

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2014, 06:44:11 am »
Sorry sounds like your lo handles them better than mine so sure you'll be fine  ;)
Lauren

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2014, 10:34:06 am »
Either that, or I was in denial about how long they last!  ;)

Offline LizPNI

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2014, 20:35:47 pm »
Well last night was actually much better. He slept all the way till 3 something. Then I could hear him just playing by himself in his crib. He started to cry eventually becuase he needed a diaper changed. When I picked him up he out his head on my shoulder and closed his eyes and seemed sleepy, but after the diaper change I could not get him to settle again though I came close. Reluctantly we gave him 4oz, which he drank and then slept til 6:20. So our goal is to be off bottles by 1 year... I really don't want to add back a night feed. Prior to this early waking he wasn't needing to eat, so I don't want to go back to that or make it a habit. But I don't want him to be hungry and I want him to sleep. Right now he is drinking 3 8oz bottle a day plus three meals of solids. Sometimes he doesn't finish his bed time bottle. I know some people do an early morning bottle and thn back to sleep. Maybe we will have to do that.

I also checked the WW and he his right in the middle of one. He also just started to stand on his own, pointing at things and waving. Sometime when h can't resettle I see him playing with his hands. So that might be it too.

Offline Martini~

• Birth Clubs
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 48
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 20:56:32 pm »
24oz seems to be a reasonable portion per day but everything depends on LO. If he was so easily resettled with a bottle it seems it might be hunger. But it doesn't mean that you have to go back to NFs.

Was he drinking more when w/o solids? Maybe try to move last solid meal earlier so he would drink more for BT bottle, WDYT?
~Marta

Offline LizPNI

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 22:34:02 pm »
He used to drink more before solids. I wonder if the afternoon bottle  dinner and pre bed bottle are all too close together since we are trying to have an earlier bedtime. I'm going to see how giving him his afternoon bottle before his nap helps at all.

Thanks for all your advice

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 05:45:53 am »
An afternoon bottle was too much here Liz. She didn't take much of her BT bottle so I kept the first bottle, one around 11 then a snack around 2.30pm instead of a 3pm bottle, tea around 4 then BT bottle. Might be worth a little shift around until you're/he's ready to drop one?

As marti says, he's on a reasonable amount in total.
Hth xx

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 06:44:11 am »
Great night  :) all the standing and wonder weeks will mess with sleep so don't worry about night feed. Just give your day a juggle round. I must admit we had pretty much dropped bottles apart from WU and BT by 11 months as couldn't fit it in with the solids, but LO was a big solid fan and not all are! x
Zoe

Offline LizPNI

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 09:49:30 am »
Thanks everyone. We will see how tonight goes. He took two steps today! And also felt a little warm when I put him down. So it seems like teething, walking and wonder weeks. I gave him his afternoon bottle before he's nap and he finished his bedtime bottle. He loves his solids, so maybe he'll drop another bottle soon, but he's just 10 months tomorrow so might be a little early.

Thanks

Offline Kellyjs

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 14:26:33 pm »
Yay on the two steps!!  :D

Offline lolsyb1982

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 15:20:47 pm »
We were down to 2 bottles at 10 mos as DD preferred solids  :)
Lauren

Offline LizPNI

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 23:04:18 pm »
We were down to 2 bottles at 10 mos as DD preferred solids  :)

How many oz?

Last night was horrible, but he had a fever.