Author Topic: 7week old no sleep routine  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Daisy8680

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 19:49:58 pm »
Thanks very much. I found that if DS is really relaxed, he wouldn't protest much when I pat him in the arms or in the crib (at night). So I will try to have a long wind down walk with him every nap time to see if it would help. With my Dd around, it is hard to do it all the time. However, I will try.

Thanks again for all the support and suggestions.

Offline Daisy8680

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 03:56:38 am »
I feel like I am such a failure that I can't put DS to bed at night. Actually, every night is a struggle. We have no bed time routine since I don't know when would be his bed time, could be 8, 9, or 10. Sometimes he falls asleep on the boob. Sometimes he screams himself to sleep. Other times, I have to ssh/pat for a long time in my arms. Tonight he was nursing for almost an hour and I thought he would be asleep. So I put him in bed. When he opened his eyes, I thought a little patting would finish the job. However, I was patting for half an hour and he was still awake, getting more irrated. I was so mad at my myself and started crying...So I gave up and handed him to my mom (my dh is out of town this week). My mom rocked him to sleep in 20 mins.

Do I wait to introduce a bedtime routine until DS is sort of on a routine? How do I establish one without the other?

On the positive side, I actually ssh/pat him to sleep in his crib for one nap time today. Normally he falls asleep in my arms.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: 7week old no sleep routine
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 07:27:16 am »
It can be really hard in the evenings at this age. With DS1 DH and I would take it in turns to just sit holding him in front the TV while he dozed or BF pretty much all evening. He wasn't going into the cot until 10ish if I remember correctly when he had fallen asleep on us and was in a deep sleep so wouldn't wake as put down. I only discovered BW when he was 3.5mo and by 4mo he was an independent sleeper thanks to a little PUPD (which involves lots of shh pat at that age).
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 12:47:45 pm »
Sweetie your not a failure like Ali said this age is hard. We pretty much didn't have a BT routine until about 10 weeks, we would try but there was a lot of crying at this age.
Try not to get upset as it's not you it's just babies...it will get better honestly and your doing do well with the naps  :)
Zoe

Offline Daisy8680

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 19:35:50 pm »
Now DS is 10 weeks old and I thought we were doing well. Even tho feeding and napping we're not in sync, he at least eats every 2.5 or 3 hours. However, the last several days he went back to his old way. 45 min naps and demands feeding upon waking. First I thought it was a growth spurt, but it has been 4 days...today so far has 4 naps already and they are all 45 mins. I tried ssh/pat to extend them but no success. Yesterday at least it worked once. I just don't know what I should try to get him go longer than 2 hours,

At night, he could have a 3 hour stretch and then would be back to every 1.5 or 2 hours even after feeding both breasts. I thought there is no growth spurt around 10 weeks?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 20:22:17 pm »
How long is he awake now before each nap? Just wondering if he needs slightly longer A time now he is older.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011

Offline Haribo2012

• Toddler Sleep
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 75
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 20:24:03 pm »
Wonder week maybe?x
Zoe