Author Topic: No idea when bedtime should be !  (Read 657 times)

Offline Cvbaby2014

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 30, 2014, 16:10:17 pm »
I have a 9 week old who loosely conforms to 3 hour easy.  I have been doing the last feeds at around 6 and 8PM.  In the last week he has been waking twice 12-1, and 4-5. 
He used to be pretty easy to settle after the 8PM feed although he would feed/suckle for a long time and that would help him dose off, eventually getting into the crib around 915.  FYI I am breastfeeding.
The last few days he has been a nightmare to settle at night and I am wondering if his bedtime is at the right time.
I know I probably shouldn't feed to sleep but he isnt really calmed by his bedtime routine. 
After the 6PM feed he is pretty happy usually but gets grizzly around 730PM...we then do quiet and dark play, then bath....but during the dressing for bed stage he has a meltdown - not sure if this is tiredness or because he is overstimulated or because he hates being changed (this was always an issue when he was younger).
Any ideas?  Should bedtime be later?
It is hard to read his cues, especially in the evening as I don't know whether he is just being fussy from being tired from the day or overstimulated.
He wakes around 7-730 depending on how late his last night feed is - if it is too late he wont go down again.

I don't really want to do a dream feed as I am happy to sleep myself from 9PM ... so I would be waking for it.

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: No idea when bedtime should be !
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:23:43 am »
I would start trying to pd for bt earlier. Maybe 7.30 if you can manage it? Some LOs just don't settle into a reasonable bt till closer to 3 mths but an earlier bt will hopefully mean a more settled night x
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.