Author Topic: 6.5 month old gone wonky  (Read 14387 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 6.5 month old gone wonky
« Reply #180 on: November 18, 2012, 01:45:00 am »
If after 3-4 days in still having to settle at 30 mins do I cut back a touch?
yeah, just a little bit.

Once she gets some better nights, she should be feeling better.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #181 on: November 18, 2012, 02:14:55 am »
Ok thanks ;)

She is also really jolty and hyper. I sadly think she has ot set in but I guess it's something we have to deal with till the nights get better :( it's like her body is bouncing around even though she doesn't want it to.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #182 on: November 18, 2012, 15:40:40 pm »
735-630!!! I'm sticking to it!

Once we have a few more days I will post our routine cuz I might need some eyes as to capping pm nap etc

Offline becj86

« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2012, 19:56:34 pm »
yep, stick with it and once its stable, we can tweak :) Yay for the good night!!

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #184 on: November 18, 2012, 22:58:45 pm »
Ok I'm totally confused. I put her down after 3.5 hrs this am goy almost 2 hr nap. So she is totally refusing to go to sleep this afternoon bouncing crawling etc. she is so good about going to sleep. We went swimming so I know she is tired. She is acting like a nut. Ot? I'm so frustrated. 25 min later and some ap she is asleep. This happened a bit this morning and yesterday morning. I held my hand on her and she settled within 5. She used to go in her crib and fall asleep very quickly. Os isn't possible so I can only think maybe I need to pull back to 315. She was showing signs of tired 45 mins before she was due for her pm nap today.

Offline becj86

« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2012, 00:59:22 am »
How long have you stuck with 3.5hr consistently? 2 days? Best to keep going at it for another few, then evaluate.

More likely developmental than OT, I think. Why do you say OS isn't possible? I don't know that her tired signs are particularly reliable at the moment are they?

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2012, 02:03:22 am »
Yes this is day 2 although we were at 3.5 last week for quite a few days and didn't have this happen.

I agree that her cues aren't reliable in the sense that sometimes she acts tired after being up for only 2 hrs so I am only watching the clock.

On Friday I did 3 hr 15 before pm nap and the same thing happened. So maybe it is development. I'm wondering what I do. Do I start way earlier to attempt to put her down knowing its going to take a while? Like if I want her asleep at 3 should I start trying at 245 to get her in her crib?? She cried out at 30 min mark but stayed down. Couldn't even make it upstairs before she was asleep again. So she ended up being up for 4 hrs before going to sleep. I let her nap an hr. I'm hoping that extra long A doesn't let the later nap effect bedtime.

Offline becj86

« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2012, 04:11:34 am »
Do I start way earlier to attempt to put her down knowing its going to take a while? Like if I want her asleep at 3 should I start trying at 245 to get her in her crib??
No - this is just likely to make her take longer to settle and get OT - if you PD when UT, usually LO won't settle because UT but then they become OT and require assistance to get to sleep... I did find the exception to that was if I put DS in the cot with a toy he had already been playing with and he would either go to sleep when ready or call out and I'd just lie him down and he'd go to sleep. I don't know how many other babies that works for though.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2012, 04:35:49 am »
Ok so just stick with it a few more days and see how it goes? Took her some time to settle for bed too. She is getting closer and closer to crawling everyday so maybe that has something to do with it?!?

Offline becj86

« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2012, 05:14:58 am »
She is getting closer and closer to crawling everyday so maybe that has something to do with it?!?
Probably! There's a lot of wiring going on in her brain to coordinate those movements :)