Author Topic: NWs for nearly 10MO  (Read 820 times)

Offline Straffles

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« on: November 23, 2012, 09:50:45 am »
Hi there,

Since he was about 8MO, my LO has been waking only once a night during a 11-12hour night. I bf and he settles back to sleep. The only times he's woken twice have been when he's failed to take a pm nap and was OT at bedtime. Or teething. He always wakes at random/unpredictable times, and takes a full bf.

But the last few nights, he's started waking twice again: once around 10.30/11pm and once around 4/5. He's definitely not teething and he's been napping well, so I don't know why. I tend to think that so long as he feeds and goes back to sleep, all is well.

The thing is that we are headed towards the two to one nap transition (early I know) and if he's not STTN then I worry he could become very OT.

What other reasons could he be waking twice again suddenly. I can't see any rhyme or reason to it.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: NWs for nearly 10MO
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 22:14:55 pm »
Wonder week? Any physical milestones on their way?

I tend to think that so long as he feeds and goes back to sleep, all is well.
Me too ;)

The thing is that we are headed towards the two to one nap transition (early I know) and if he's not STTN then I worry he could become very OT.
If he's getting a long enough night, it not be so much of a worry if he's not awake for too long in the night. When you do your first one-nap days, they will be about 11hr with 13hr nights, probably.