Author Topic: 7 months old - has NEVER slept through the night!  (Read 3882 times)

Offline leigh0311

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 7 months old - has NEVER slept through the night!
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 13:06:30 pm »
I asked the pediatrician that very question, about the teeth. She says it averages only 3 days to "pop," so Harrison won't be in agony very long hopefully!!

Last night:
bed at 7
woke at 9:30
woke at 12:30
woke at 4:30
awake for the day at 6:30

UUGGHHH. Oh well, maybe just an off night? She went right back to sleep as soon as I went in and patted her (which is better than the usual "party in my crib") :)

Offline Danielle K

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 14:52:54 pm »
Hi Leigh -
Its got to be a growth spurt or teeth - or something.  I guess sometimes mommy is the only thing that makes it better.  I suppose years from now when they are more independant we will miss how much they need us now :)  Although a little more sleep would be great!
Last night we were every 4 hrs again.  He is hungry at the 4 hr mark - if I could just eliminate the 11pm feed it would only be one a night.  I am not sure if it is just the change to our day routine that fixed the waking every hr or so like last week or maybe he is calming a little now that he is getting better at crawling....I dunno :)
I hope you have a chance to snooze today. Hang in there.
I live in Toronto, Canada.
Harrison is 7mnths old!

Offline Layla

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 362
  • Tiramisu - my favourite cake
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2007, 22:10:52 pm »
Danielle - I am sure the schedule & spacing out the feeds helped. Have you started reducing the amount at the breast?

Here's another link that might help you - from FAQ's https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=87815.0 

20/06/2012 - my angel baby

Offline leigh0311

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 00:05:13 am »
Thank you so much for the link about the elimination of night feeds! It is so true that Roxy is waking up at about the same times each night, which indicates a habit. The idea that I should be feeding her more during the day makes perfect sense....I should be making more of an effort there.

She definitely is not very enthusiastic during the night feeds, and she definitely isn't eating nearly the amount of a normal meal.

Thanks again....I am going to try beefing up her daytime meals and see if I can weed out the night feed.

Offline Danielle K

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 00:25:34 am »
Agreed! Thank you for the info - Harrison is waking at the same time each night...he does eat - but he is a boy and loves to eat ;)
I have noticed he has been eating much more at his BF's during the day so I guess I will work on shortening his feed at night - I haven't really tried that...so I will give it a go tonight - I don't think he will quit cold turkey so I will have to try and minimize the time spent.
Today he was sooo good....he napped for 1hr and 20min both times and went down soo easy. I couldn't believe it!  I really am astonished at this daytime routine...it is so simple its silly...but it is working ;D Thanks again.
Leigh your Roxy is a real doll!
Harrison is 7mnths old!

Offline Danielle K

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2007, 00:45:14 am »
Layla -
I just want to thank you so much for your help...we are doing soooo much better.  Harrison has only woken once during the night in the past 4  nights - he is sleeping so much better at night and during the day.  He seems to be enjoying sleep now...it is amazing, truly.   I am so glad I came to this site - it has changed our days for the better all around!
I know there will still be rough nights...we are still waiting on those teeth - but I now know what to do.
Thank you to all who offered me advice.  Leigh I hope you and Roxy are doing well.
 :-*
Harrison is 7mnths old!

Offline cozza

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2007, 02:55:00 am »
Hi

I feel your sleep deprived pain!  Hoping it gets better soon.

Just a suggestion unrelated to the sleeping thing.... to combat baby's dry skin try putting a few drops of good old extra virgin olive oil into the bath along with the usual soap you use.  I have used olive oil since the day my little one was born and she is now nearly 11 months and she has the smoothest skin.

Hope this helps.

Offline Layla

« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2007, 04:48:48 am »
Danielle - you are more than welcome! I am so pleased things are working out for you!!!

Stick around the site..... there's more to it than sleep issues ;)

Offline Danielle K

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2007, 22:57:54 pm »
Hi -
I just have a quick question...I am still having trouble eliminating the night feedings and I am wondering if it is better to just stop them completely and do pu/pd for a few nights with DH - or allow one per night.  I feel like if I allow one feeding it is confusing to him.  We have gotten him to sleep with PU/PD with DH but when 6hrs have passed I feed him again. Should I? I just don't want to skimp on his food - but at the same time I don't want to reinforce what we are trying to stop.  Please let me know your suggestions.
Thanks again for all your help.
Harrison is 7mnths old!

Offline Layla

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2007, 23:28:18 pm »
Danielle - I honestly think that some babies NEED to still be fed at night even at this age. Its not unheard of & if he goes back to sleep & not waking up other times then I don't think its a problem :-\. If you do want to wean though, then see if he will settle for DH with pu/pd. If he settles & its only for a short time & he wakes soon after again, then he could be genuinly hungry. Its a hard one - cause some babies need a feed until they are older (some until 12months) but some can do well without it at 5 months.

Have you tried to reduce the amount at the breast?

Offline Danielle K

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2007, 00:16:19 am »
Thanks Layla -
He only eats from one side at night when he wakes (sometimes twice still)- but I haven't really tried to pull him off during the feed- I will try that gently tonight maybe that will help.  He is a spirited child and I sometimes think he just burns way too many calories during the day..he is so busy. Again - thanks for your help and reassurance
 :)
Harrison is 7mnths old!