Author Topic: Baby Eating Too Fast????????????  (Read 4600 times)

Offline Nadia's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My Little Angel
Baby Eating Too Fast????????????
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:32:50 am »
I'm not sure if this is an issue or not. Just wanted to know if all babies do this. My sweetie is 5 1/2 months and has been on solids since about 4 1/2. She's a eater (since birth). She doesn't play around. My question? When I'm feeding her, her solids I have to do it fast, especially at dinner time. She is screaming bloody murder and it seems like I'm not feeding her fast enough which I can't understand since barely 2 seconds get by from the time I put one mouthful of ceral in til the next. Do all babies want their solids this fast? I'm scared that it will give her an upset stomach (that's what I would get). She wakes up several times in the night and I'm starting to wonder if her stomach is the reason. She usually doesn't cry long but I'm not sure if eating her solids so fact and furious my be the cause of the night wakings. She's been eating like this from day one.

Hence the question again. Do babies just eat like this?

Thanks,
Thanks,

Patricia

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: Baby Eating Too Fast????????????
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 03:04:26 am »
All I can say is mine wants it spooned in as fast as possible to start with.  Finger foods she sometimes stuffs her mouth.  I was at her daycare yesterday and a classmate got one bite of oatmeal bar mostly swallowed, then hollered for another.  So for these 2, yup, they do that.     :)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline corrina01

• Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 09:40:58 am »
My DD does too.  Now she is on finger food she has slowed up a bit, but at her evening meal yesterday, I couldn't put her food  on her highchair table quick enough.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Lola

• Showing Appreciation 44
  • Missy M's Mama
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 15:08:41 pm »
My LO will do the same..crams handfuls in her mouth if you let her..gotta be careful now to only put a few pieces on her highchair table!!...other times she picks at it..but when she is hungry..look out ::)
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline mumtobrandon

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 03:41:24 am »
My lo has always been one to devour all his milk and solids and I must admit for an eight month old he is a very big boy but my lo use to scream in his sleep as well for a while. I was told several times it is a phase they go through and it usually only happened in the night sleep not the day sleeps. I think also he use to scream at night  because he was a bit constipated from introducing new solids so I was told to introduce different solids during the morning so it does not affect their stomach at night.

Offline Zoey

• Children need models rather than critics.
  • Showing Appreciation 447
  • Sweet chubby cheeks
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 04:06:25 am »
Hi!  Sometimes when Owen likes what he is eating, he will freak out when I am not quick enough and yell at me.  I give him a spoon, and now he doesn't yell - yes sometimes he gags himself with it, but a few more times of that and I think he will think better of shoving it down his throat LOL.  Kidding of course.  But, try giving her a spoon too - I'd say give her some finger foods but at 5.5 months I think she is too young for that. 

Maybe the spoon will help!  I even help him dip it in the food a few times, and into his mouth.  He thinks he is such a big fella!

Zoey

...its what you do when you get back up.