Author Topic: 15 month old throwing food and refuses to eat unless he gets something to play  (Read 4115 times)

Offline alexandrafromHolland

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I know how you feel ALy, I am experiencing the same with night wakenings (another topic), it went well and then downhill again. It is really demotivating sometimes but think of better times, which will surely come!! she will grow older and wiser and communication will be different. Hang in there!

Lana, your plan sounds good, I started a similar schedule as well, but didn't follow it up because then the teething (molars) started and he wasn/t eating well, so therefore the bottle continued. Once I have tackled the night wakenings I will start this next project.
Did you give some yogurt then instead? And did you give the bottle right before bed or before bath or so? Didn't your LO complain once the bottle was weened?

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
We were doing the bottle as the last thing before bed after the bath.  Once the bottle got to 4oz we started to do a snack before the bath.  It changed from day to day.  You could do yogurt or cheese and crackers or really anything you want. 

Neither one of my boys complained when the bottle was gone.  I think cause they still got the calories elsewhere.

Offline alexandrafromHolland

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
That's good to know, I am a little afraid that he won't go to sleep without his bottle, since it is the last thing before bed as well (feed to sleep?), but that shouldn't necessary be the case...We'll see! Thanks for the tip!

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Once the bottle was gone at our house we still had a cuddle after the bath so maybe that is why.  Although he was not asleep when I put him down he was relaxed ;D