Author Topic: I'm New To This - HELP!!!  (Read 845 times)

Offline BensMom06

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: April 13, 2006, 16:22:04 pm »
I just bought the most recent copy of Tracy's book yesterday, The BW Solves All Your Problems.  My son is 7.5 weeks old and so far in his lifetime, he has NOT been a good napper.  I guess that's because I was NOT reading his cues.  Now I'm noticing all the yawns, erratic kicking, etc.  During his first nap this morning (with success in getting him to drift off in his crib!), he awoke 45 minutes later with some, ahem, LOUD bowel movements that I heard on the monitor!  He didn't fuss right away - about 5 minutes later.  I eventually went in and his eyes were wide open.  What do I do in that situation?  I felt the need to change him.  By the time I did, he seemed to be wide awake.  I ended up nursing him 15 minutes early.  And guess what...he was drowsy and falling asleep at the breast!  I know why.  Any advice? 

I have to say that right now I am so pleased to see that I do not have to spend several minutes - half hour rocking him.  He's completely capable of falling asleep without that.  That alone is giving mer persistance.  I even cancelled afternoon plans so that I can stick to this for several days without dragging him out for outings.  Advice on how to stick to a routine when you need to run errands or go to lunch?  I don't want to end my life over this!  Can I follow the EASY method when I must be out and about?  I would like to take him to the nursery at my gym while I workout for an hour. 

Thank you!!!