Author Topic: 18 month ew and now nw  (Read 680 times)

Offline krdswift

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 31, 2014, 12:29:30 pm »
Hi there. I'm wondering if perhaps we need a schedule tweak. Right now my 18 month old's schedule looks like this:
Wake anywhere from 5:15 to 6:30 (if it's in the 5s I will re plug her paci and get another 30 minutes or so)
Set nap at 12:30. Usually sleeps for an hour and a half to two hours
Bedtime 7:00.

Lately she has been waking earlier and earlier and last night she had this weird thing where I heard her chattering at 1:30. When she wakes like that it's usually teeth (I can see one canine poking through) so I sent my husband in there after 20 minutes of on and off chattering with ibuprofen. He said she was totally asleep!
She started again and he went in again and she was awake so he gave her the meds. Then she only made it to 5:45. I tried to resettle her but she just chattered on and off for the next 40 minutes.
Oh, and she was also bouncing around like a mad person for 20 minutes when I put her down at 7 pm for the night.  She eventually settled herself and went to sleep, but it was very unusual for her.
Could nap be too long? Or is it teeth? Regression? All of the above? I feel like I can take either nw or ew but not both!!! :)

Offline Truly Blessed

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 125
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 10:14:33 am »
18 month sleep regression support thread - Part 2

Hi Hun, have you read/joined the above yet  ??? It sounds like she's bang on schedule  ;)

This regression always seems to coincide with teething problems also, just in case there's not enough 'in the mix'

(HUGS)

x.