Author Topic: Solids after milk for Pm feed?  (Read 916 times)

Offline courtney3

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: June 15, 2010, 01:41:32 am »
Hi, I have another post simular to this one, but started another one as it is a bit different -sorry
So my lo is 5 and a half months and has been on solids since 4 and a half months - due to not eating fodd and dr recommendations.
her easy is
E 7.00
Solids - 800
S 9 till 100
E 11 - not taking much only has 150mls at each feed, prob only takes 60 mls - but thid may be due to teething as someone mentioned in my other post, will wait for a few weeks and see what happens
solids - 12
S 1 till 3
E 3 - not taking much of this either
S 4.30 till 5.15
5.15 solids
6.30 bottle and bed at 7 for the night, has been sleeping through since starting solids.

My concern is after having solids at 5.15, she is not drinking much of her bottle at 6.30, maybe 30mls - just doesnt seem hungry, have tried cutting solids down but this hasnt helped. I have read that most of you give solids and then a milk feed before bed - but was wondering is it possible to give a milk feed and then solids 30min before bed? as she can only stay awake for 1 hr 45 min before bed it doesnt give her enough time to get hungry from the last solid feed.
Thanks Courtney

Offline ~Emma~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
Re: Solids after milk for Pm feed?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 07:49:10 am »
At this age I would be wary of giving solids so close to bedtime to be honest. Can you have a chat with your HV about it? Milk is still the most important form of nutrition and calorie intake at this point so I would perhaps think about cutting out dinner altogether. I cant really comment though given that your LO was advised to go on to solids by your GP.  :)

Offline booney1975

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 18:10:28 pm »
Perhaps try giving her solids at two meals at the moment until she is able to stay awake for a bit longer. I agree with the previous reply that it is perhaps unwise to give solids that close to bedtime......worth a try! And once she is staying up a bit longer re-introduce food after afternoon nap.

Emma