Author Topic: How much longer should second A time be than the first A time?  (Read 977 times)

Offline Green007

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
I know A times usually get longer as the day progresses; however, how much longer is the second time -on average, than the first?

Sorry about all the posts and questions but I am desperate. I feel so defeated and exhausted and just completely hopeless...like my life is just over. Can't handle these 5am wake ups...can't be the amazing mom I am being this tired and having no time to spend with my 3 year old. No time with my husband...haven't been out with friends since DD has been born.Too busy tweaking schedules, doing research and trying to figure out DD...not to mention going to bed at 8:30 just to get some sleep with all the night wakings and EW's. :S

Offline Florena49

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 27
Re: How much longer should second A time be than the first A time?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 14:37:43 pm »
It does vary from one LO to another, we just do 3hours A time irregardless of time of the day. Some babes fo like a shorter A time in the morning and longer one in the afternoon, but that was way too confusing for me.
Viktoria

Mum to Oskar 25/10/2013 and Maksim 19/07/2015

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 20:46:47 pm »
I know A times usually get longer as the day progresses; however, how much longer is the second time -on average, than the first?
Not always the case. My LO (and many others) needed a very long first A time, shorter second A and very short A to BT.  Even when he was older and on 1 nap his first A was clearly longer than his second (8hr A, 2hr nap, 4hr A, BT with 10 hr night)

Offline Buttonbobs

• Showing Appreciation 124
  • E - born 20/10/11
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 21:34:19 pm »
My LO has always needed a long morning A time too. The best way for you to work out what works best for your LO is to look at the lengths of naps and the WU times etc. EWs might well mean your morning A time is too short. What do you think?
~ Naomi ~

Offline Green007

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 00:18:18 am »
Her mom ring A time is now 3 to 3h15 mins long. Moved up from 2h45 mins 2 weeks ago. She doesn't seem to have an issue at all with the AM nap...will sleep a solid chunk no matter how long I keep her up...it's that pm one. Did same A times yesterday and today. Yesterday I got 1h15 min and today 45. She's so fickle. Up again this morning at 3. Didn't go back to sleep until after 4. I don't know what to do anymore.